• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Holy Cow it's a Polecat!

dayum gurrrrrl.

busted out my r-pro and dx today; perfection. the r-pro is fairly understable at power now. threw some fun lines with it and some beautiful upshots. the dx can handle some good snap and fly straight but it will fade a lot more albeit only if given enough height.

i threw terribly today but my approaches have pretty much been cake since i started throwing these two discs. it's opened up new possibilities to me as well by throwing base plastic, getting discs nice and understable whereas before i didn't have the ability to throw higher shots like this one

55555682.jpg

now i have a beat roc and a polecat i can mash on to try and go top shelf on this hole, something i have always struggled with. normally i have always just skipped something up the hill and tried for a long putt. today i actually ran the basket with the polecat by going up and over that horizontal tree; didn't quite make it there but it was cool to watch.

the polecat has actually inspired me to find a better complement for it, and i threw with a kc BB aviar today as well. much better complement than the anode.

I'll chime in on the polecat love - or rather my wife can :clap:

Here's her bag:

DX Polecat 167g
DX Shark 150g
X Stratus 145ish g

She's not much for shots off the tee but does great as she zeros in on the basket. When she's ready her 155ish g opto diamond will begin making appearances, as well as a nice DX teebird or a champ banshee for forehand.

dayum gurrrrrl.

busted out my r-pro and dx today; perfection. the r-pro is fairly understable at power now. threw some fun lines with it and some beautiful upshots. the dx can handle some good snap and fly straight but it will fade a lot more albeit only if given enough height.

i threw terribly today but my approaches have pretty much been cake since i started throwing these two discs. it's opened up new possibilities to me as well by throwing base plastic, getting discs nice and understable whereas before i didn't have the ability to throw higher shots like this one

55555682.jpg

now i have a beat roc and a polecat i can mash on to try and go top shelf on this hole, something i have always struggled with. normally i have always just skipped something up the hill and tried for a long putt. today i actually ran the basket with the polecat by going up and over that horizontal tree; didn't quite make it there but it was cool to watch.

the polecat has actually inspired me to find a better complement for it, and i threw with a kc BB aviar today as well. much better complement than the anode.

I hate that tree. It knocked down my river and made me sad.
That's a pretty healthy tug on a Polecat though...

We had a good tailwind on that hole today. :)

I also feel I'm more accurate when throwing full drives. when I pull off of a drive my form is more likely to vary for some reason.

yup; hole 15.

i will say i had a weird moment on a long spike hyzer approach where my polecat caught edge and rolled backward on some dirt; it landed right by the basket and then rolled about 30-35' away.

When our cat at home starts chewing on my fiancé's sandals, she puts her hands on her hips and says "Bad kitty." It has a pretty high success rate.
Maybe it would work on Polecat rollaways?

is there a shot the polecat does that a beat dx aviar and a freshie kcp aviar cant?

dog i gotta get down to msp and throw with you again. let me throw that polecat and do you still have that sw that is a pos with the knife gash taken out??

I still got it for ya. Yeah, I haven't been able to throw much at all lately and it's taken its toll. Especially on my putting. I got a fresh dx polecat and also the r pro that's understable. Throw'em both. :)

I still got it for ya. Yeah, I haven't been able to throw much at all lately and it's taken its toll. Especially on my putting. I got a fresh dx polecat and also the r pro that's understable. Throw'em both. :)

how the **** do you still have it. thanks haha. ill get a sixer for us to share when i come up. im not tryna putt with it but approaches it works well? hit and stick?

I pretty much have only been using my polecat for the approach and driving and it is just incredibly forgiving because even if you release hyzer it will move forward so far while traveling. You will never be very far away from where you were aiming.

is there a shot the polecat does that a beat dx aviar and a freshie kcp aviar cant?

When someone asks, "What disc was that?!" you can't say "Polecat!" if you threw an aviar.

Generally though, the Polecat just seems to sit down on its line without fading, even at pretty low speeds.

doesn't skip, its slower and more forgiving.. basically its catch disc vs disc golf disc kind of thing but the polecat is a uber stable catch disc so it makes it great for DG.

I'm going to pick one of these up but in the past I have had problems gripping lid discs for long drives. How do you guys that throw them off the tee for 200+ drives grip the polecat for max distance?