• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

hott shott

Pitty241

They are having a different type of putting contest called hott shott that I have never heard of before at the Blazer at Boyd Hill. Can somebody tell me how to play.:thmbup:

They did it at Am Worlds and probably Collegiate Championships so maybe someone who played there will pipe in.

From what I remember from the Clash YouTube video its based on a points system from various distances. They increase the further you go back.

Its a old basketball game, different lie's are worth different points. Ten footer one point, twenty footer two points, twenty footer behind a tree three points, and so on for however many shots you come up with. I just pulled the scoring outta no where, normally in basketball a short layup would be one then a foul shot is two, a couple baseline shots for three and threes are worth four, then a real long one for five.In the basketball one you can just bang free throws all day or move around the choice is yours not sure how the golf version would go.

Last edited:
at my local course the putting basket has 10' 15' 20' 25' 30' marked out to one side, 35' 40' 45' marked out to another, and 50' 55' and 60' marked out on another. you get two putters and the 10' is worth 1 point, 15' is worth 2, 20' is worth 3, and so on. if you make the first two you have 2 points, if you make the next two also then you would have 6 points, etc. not sure if that is the game you are talking about but its a fun one.

at my local course the putting basket has 10' 15' 20' 25' 30' marked out to one side, 35' 40' 45' marked out to another, and 50' 55' and 60' marked out on another. you get two putters and the 10' is worth 1 point, 15' is worth 2, 20' is worth 3, and so on. if you make the first two you have 2 points, if you make the next two also then you would have 6 points, etc. not sure if that is the game you are talking about but its a fun one.

That is pretty close. Different points for distances from 3' out to 30'. Not sure how many shots from each distance for this edition.

Hott Shott Format:

4 putts from each distance.
8' (5 pts per made putt), 14' (10 pts), 20' (15 pts), 26' (20 pts), 32' (25 pts)

A perfect score is 300.

Latest posts