• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Houston course suggestion near the airport

DrRyan

Bogey Member
I tried to bump an old thread to get suggestions to this question but it was too old to respond in that thread. . I'm only going to be in town one day but would like to get a round in in early May, near the airport, and a great course. Any suggestions for those parameters?

Thanks for all suggestions in advance!

IAH or Hobby?

If IAH:
Northside Christian Church - about 28 minutes from the airport

If Hobby:
Milby Park. Not installed yet (approved, baskets going in soon but no link here) It's about 10 minutes from Hobby and in my opinion will be the premier Houston course. There have been minis out there and it is phenomenal.

Let me know when you're coming - I might be able to join you if its a weekend and you're willing.

Saturday, May 4th will be the day I am going to try and play. I expect I will be flying into IAH. I'm game for a local guide if schedules allow and I am able to squeeze a quick round in.

Timberlane is probably the closest. It isn't a terrible 9 hole course, if you don't have too much time.

Saturday, May 4th will be the day I am going to try and play. I expect I will be flying into IAH. I'm game for a local guide if schedules allow and I am able to squeeze a quick round in.

Star Wars day. That's a Sunday. I should be available either day that weekend. If it's the 4th I will have to have my dog with me (it's his birthday).

Timberlane is definitely the closest, but on a weekend morning, the 30 min drive to NSCC is worth it.

That being said, there is a work day out at Timberlane next Saturday and I hear rumors of some changes out there. Also, the course in Kingwood (River Grove DGC) should be redesigned and ready by then and it's only 20 minutes away from IAH.

Star Wars day. That's a Sunday. I should be available either day that weekend. If it's the 4th I will have to have my dog with me (it's his birthday).

Timberlane is definitely the closest, but on a weekend morning, the 30 min drive to NSCC is worth it.

That being said, there is a work day out at Timberlane next Saturday and I hear rumors of some changes out there. Also, the course in Kingwood (River Grove DGC) should be redesigned and ready by then and it's only 20 minutes away from IAH.

My mistake, I will get in town on the 3rd and then out of town the morning of the 4th. I look forward to a round if we can make it happen.