• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Houston Minis/Leagues

dgchiro

I just moved to Katy and I need some info on leagues/minis on the westside of town. Thanks!

Most of the Houston area disc golf groups are on Facebook. I do not know of any in Katy. Here is a list of the ones I know on Facebook:

Houston Flying Disc Society (Leagues at various Houston courses. They also have a website.)
Southwest Handicap Mini (minis in southwest Houston)
Birdshot (They used to run a PDGA tournament a month. Not as many this year. They also have a website.)
Gorilla Disc Golf (PDGA tournaments and minis.)
North Side Chain Gang (Lots of minis, but on the north side of town)

Being in Katy, you're kinda in between the two main groups of disc golfers in Houston. In the cypress/spring/woodlands areas you have the Northside Chain Gang who runs a weekly rotating mini on Saturdays and on at Spring Valley on Sundays(that has two $500 ace pots right now).

IN the Southside you have Birdshot/Gorilla/and EricJ and Co. in Sugar Land that all sort of team up for events and minis on the south and southeast parts of town. I'm in Cypress so I'm not as familiar with them, although I have played their events and I have nothing put good things to say. In the spring/summer there is a rotating handicapped mini that EricJ runs.

As for leagues, the only one I know of is at Agnes Moffit. I think they're 2 or 3 weeks into the current Saturday league. And I believe this is the last league they're doing until the time changes. Once DST hits, there's a 6 week, Thursday only, flex start league 5-630 at moffit.

As JRW said above, Facebook is really the best outlet for info on DG in Houston. I would join all the FB groups listed above.