• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How accurate is your putting from 25ft?

25 feet is about 90% for me in practice, but in an actual tournament that drops down to about 50%.

Also, practicing with different putter molds won't get you anywhere.

buy a stack of 10+ putters, all of the same kind, and practice with them. It really doesn't matter what putter you use as long as you practice the **** out of it, and only use that putter.

This is where I start running into problems. If I had 25 feet or less to go for my putts in every round, I'd be scoring at least 2 syringes better. That being said, I'm probably about a 50%-60% shooter from that range.

Two months ago I was getting close to 80-90% on the course. Now I think I am probably 25%. I have been putting like I have been playing 4 weeks instead of 4 years. Actually, I take that back. I think I was better at putting 4 years ago.

Also, practicing with different putter molds won't get you anywhere.

Maybe for you, but I find that practicing with different molds works just fine. The more I practice the better I get. I use multiple molds in practice (Challenger, Judges, Aviar, #2 Upshot, VPs) and then use completely different molds when I play (Anode and Envy).

When I'm practicing regularly, I'm 80-90% from 25ft in practice and in play. When I'm not practicing regularly, I'm around 50% in play and worse in practice.

I'm pretty sure I'm over 50% from 25 feet, but it isn't a scientific thing for me. In practice at home I typically shoot around 22 feet and I'm in the 75+% range. On the course, it is a lot harder for a lot of reasons, most notably lots of times I'm putting around an obstacle, or uphill/downhill, or the putt has a ravine behind it. But I think from 25 feet I still make more than half of them. By the time I get to 30 feet I probably am lower than 50%, and it gets a lot worse outside there.

I took a great journey of discovery to find the putter I liked, the Zeroline Pure, and then ordered a bunch and have many of them to practice with.

I make 100% if my cardmates aren't looking and/or I'm the one keeping the scorecard...

So most people posting here are 70-90% at 25 feet? Sounds like internet putting accuracy to me. I am not sure I am 90% at 15 feet, and I consider myself an average putter. I would say I am 50% at best from 25 feet, maybe a little worse. The funny thing is I am a pretty good jump/step putter, so my accuracy at 35 feet is probably just as good or maybe even a little better.

Of course, I pretty much never practice putting, so all of my stats are from semi-casual rounds (playing by the rules and keeping score, but not actual events). I found I actually putt worse when I practice, so I don't. Plus, ain't nobody got time for that :D

For those of you posting that your putting during events is much worse than in practice, I'd suggest a new way to practice that more closely duplicates event pressure. I haven't done the Mark Ellis putting practice method. But I think he tries to emulate tournament pressure in the process. Anyone on here done his clinic or system?

For those of you posting that your putting during events is much worse than in practice, I'd suggest a new way to practice that more closely duplicates event pressure. I haven't done the Mark Ellis putting practice method. But I think he tries to emulate tournament pressure in the process. Anyone on here done his clinic or system?

I watched it on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq_bh_GtjtQ

I think he does talk about that. There are kind of two ways to go when you start practicing putting:

1) Get a big stack of putters and throw them all one right after the other from the same stance/position..

2) Simulate tournament situation more by only throwing 1-2 at a time, and then resetting your stance in between.

To me they both have merit. The first for building muscle memory, the second for getting your putting ritual down, and the mental game.

Loved the video of McBeth putting 50 30ish footers without a miss from the same stance, so clearly he does that, and so it must be good :)

Extremely erratic, I nailed about 8 today from 20-40 only one miss.

Last weekend I was about 2 for 10.

But if I feel confident it's mucxh better than if I let the shot get in my head.

I just went out in the back yard and made 5 out of 6 from 24 feet with no warmup. So 83% is my answer. Nope, no need to gather any more data. Ever. ;)

My putting bad right now. The reason is that I don't practice on a regular basis. Every off-season I tell myself that I need to buy a portable basket. I know this is what would fix my putting. It's all about rhythm and familiarity. Thinking about getting a DGA Mach Lite (red). Any other suggestions? I want something that can fold up and fit in my car.

Innova skillshot is a good portable basket.

My putting is so erratic that dont even want to guess how many I would make from 25ft, lol. oh well......On a given day probly 40-60%, depending on the wind. Though I have had some days the last couple months where I probly hit only one or two in a 2 round tourney.

i truly think my putting will get 100% better in pressure situations if i just wear earbuds with some good tunes. music makes me relax, period.

I haven't made it past 10ft but I can never get through the whole discraft clinic without releasing early.
team_ellis02.jpg

[emoji110] [emoji110] [emoji97] [emoji29]

I just went out in the back yard and made 5 out of 6 from 24 feet with no warmup. So 83% is my answer. Nope, no need to gather any more data. Ever. ;)

given the stats I think out of 10 you could hit 90%. Only going to keep on heating up!!! ;)

given the stats I think out of 10 you could hit 90%. . .

Every once in a while - sure. :p

Putting is a funny beast, it comes and goes for no apparent reason. I have a ton of respect for folks that make their putts consistently, week after week, with cameras recording their every foible.

Latest posts