• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How did I do dat?

Throw a turbo putt focused only on moving the disc forward and not spinning it. Then throw on only focusing one spinning it. Tell me which one dives off to the right.

Or you can ask garublador

No one is talking about air, and how you need air to cause a disc to flip. If discs are more stable in the winter....how does this variable coincide with snap and movement?

Here is how I look at it.

Snap is like a steering wheel of a car....try turning the wheel of a car at rest...now do it when you are going 100...get my drift;)

Last edited:
No one is talking about air, and how you need air to cause a disc to flip. If discs are more stable in the winter....how does this variable coincide with snap and movement?

Snap is like a steering wheel of a car....try turning the wheel of a car at rest...now do it when you are going 100...get my drift;)

I didn't see anyone mention air, other than yourself. Perhaps I missed it.

How is putting spin on a disc like turning a steering wheel? I've never experienced difficulty or resistance spinning a disc. Is it supposed to be easier with a 100 mph run-up, than a standstill?

The reason it is easier to turn a steering wheel when a car is moving is due to the resistance the tires have with the pavement. There is more resistance when the tires aren't spinning. I don't understand the parallel.

Discs are more stable in the winter mostly due to bad footing, restrictive clothing, cold hands, not so great grip, etc. Air conditions are probably 10% of the whole winter equation.

:wall::wall::wall::wall:

really?

That is the worst analogy ever.

snap (more spin) is like a top. Put a lot of spin on a top and it will stay upright and stable longer. Put not very much spin and it destabilizes and falls.

Okay. Here: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22608

Learn how to make analogies, yours was horrid.

Steve Rico does like throwing these late flip shots. He does this primarily with Magnets and Rocs but it wouldn't surprise me to see him do it with a Leopard.

Steve Rico does like throwing these late flip shots. He does this primarily with Magnets and Rocs but it wouldn't surprise me to see him do it with a Leopard.

Are you aware of any videos that may show the shot? I would really be interested in seeing it.

Latest posts