• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How did you get introduced to disc golf?

I had a friend of my stepdads take him and I in cali in 97 and forgot about after we got back to ohio. then about 2 years ago I found a little course at our local park and bought some pro d buzzes. now 2 years later and many discs and a VERY understanding wife we play as much as possible. just can't and don't want to kick this addiction.

unemployment- nothing else to do, lived 5 minutes away from a 20 hole course. Friend said, hey you should try this disc thing out. Thanks John - I'm forever thankful for that.

I ordered a few discs online when I was in college, but didn't have a course to play at so never really got into it. Then the Wii came out and it had disc golf and decided that I would rather play outside. Found this site when looking for courses and haven been going strong since!

I was at a family BBQ at a county park. My brother asked me to go play a "frisbee" game with him. I said hell no, I'm not going to be playing any stupid frisbee game.

He said "you're either going to play this stupid frisbee game with me or you're going to stay here and listen to uncle Keith talk about making his cheese loaf. What's it gonna be?"

20 years later I can't thank him enough

Last edited:
Pretty much a lark for me. A friend of mine said we should head out and play some 'disc golf'. Sadly, I had no idea what he was talking about, however agreed.

I grew up playing ball golf with my dad (first outing around 5 years old). Once my daughter was born, I stopped playing ball golf because of the time commitment.

Fast forward to the wonderful day of the lark invite (7 years after hanging up ball golf), I was hooked after the first throw. The game of golf and the magic of watching a frisbee fly was simply wonderful.

Years have passed and now my daughter is showing interest. She heads out with me from time to time.

First learned that disc golf existed while making out with a nice girl at Sinissippi park in Sterling, IL in 1995. "CHING!", "What the hell was that?", "Disc golf.", "Oh, explain later. Now where were we?"
Didn't play until 2011.

My buddy Nate took me out and I played the shiity Central Oregon Community College course over and over cuz I got hooked on the MAJIC that is disc golf.

Latest posts