• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you store your extra discs?

JTdisc

Eagle Member
What do you do with all the discs that aren't in your bag?

Store them in another bag? Cardboard box? Homemade PVC rack?

I'm starting to accumulate more discs than fit in my two smallish bags, and have several that I don't care for, are backups, or don't quite have the speed for yet. I was looking for a convenient way to store these for a while.

Most of my extra discs are stored at someone else's house who has found my disc but never calls the number on back of it

I have four cardboard boxes from Gateway that comfortably hold my spare 50+ discs. Thinking about selling off my Voodoos to make room for more discs. :D

I have probably about 40 discs total and carry about 15. The rest are either stored in the practice basket (putters) or stacked on a shelf for field work. Boxes like the ones that dpgauthier is talking about can't be a bad idea though.

Store them in another bag? Cardboard box? Homemade PVC rack?

I'm starting to accumulate more discs than fit in my two smallish bags, and have several that I don't care for, are backups, or don't quite have the speed for yet. I was looking for a convenient way to store these for a while.

You should see the stacks of bins some of these guys have on here, each utilizing products such as pool "Noodles" as padding.

Basically what I'm saying is it depends - runs anywhere from an entry level shoebox or trunk of a car or backpack, to "the stuff the pros use" requiring a trip to a store and some project time.

I don't have stacks (and stacks and stacks and stacks) like some guys on here lol, but I did give in to the bins+padding:thmbup: EDIT: most I ever had at once was probably about 150ish, but I managed to get my numbers down to about 60 now.

My son's old diaper bag holds about 30 discs. As a bonus, it's black with Jeep emblems, so it's not embarassing to carry around.

I have my spare bag that I take traveling. It holds about twenty discs. My putter bag that holds ten. And a plastic box from Walmart that holds another twenty five. All of them stack nicely with my primary bag, in the corner of my home office. I stock duplicates of everything and quads or more of my most lost discs. Mostly for convenience.

I use cardboard boxes I've accumulated over the years, Sterilite tubs and pool noodles, and PVC racks. I've been mulling over spending the $50+ for fittings to build a rack similar to what apdrvya built, but I'm having trouble spending so much money on PVC fittings. It would be nice to be able to pitch all the cardboard boxes though.

Medium Flat Rate Box from the post office. If I ever need to ship something and am out of these boxes I just dump the discs out and use the box. I fold the lid flaps in for drivers and small diameter discs and fold them out and tape them for larger diameter discs.

I keep them in a large pile inside a vault and swim through them like Scrooge McDuck.

I use the 20qt Serilite tubs from Walmart. They are cheap and hold about 23 discs.

Whatever you use, make sure that are verticle and not stacked.