• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you use your Sidewinder?

skinner21

* Ace Member *
I was at the local disc dispensary (discary?) and found a saw a coll tie died Sidewinder in a weight that I like so I bought it. I tend to just buy discs I don't have and check the flight numbers later. A Sidewinder was on my list on discs that I wanted, so it worked out.

So my question to the DG community is this: how do you use your sidewinder? I see alot of people with Sidewinder names on here and alot of people seem to love these discs so I thought this would be the place to ask.

I eat pulled pork off of mine....YUM!

**actually my wife took mine, so I have no uses now...not sure what the hell she is doing with it either**

Sidewinders are great for hyzer-flips and long, straight tunnel shots. They are also great for finesse annies that you don't want to come back. They are best used in a tailwind, but can be fun to throw in a slight headwind if you don't overpower them. I've heard that some people use them as roller discs as well.

yep rollers/sky annies....ive taken mine out of my bag though and have been using an FLX avenger SS...which I need to replace with my sidewinder again...haha...the avenger is to understable for me and prefer my sidewinder for that!

You hyzer-flipping S-O-B! Sorry to use harsh letters. Hyzer-flip, big annie, sky roller, finesse shots, short thumber/tommy.

Tunnel shots. They rock those hard.

At first I hated it. But it is getting broken in now and I like it better. I am getting good distance and I like it for a flex shot.

I use it for tunnel shots. I let it go with a hyzer and it quickly flattens itself to go straight. I also use it on long dog leg rights. I give it an anhyzer so it carries farther than a mid range and still doesn't come back.

Sidewinder22, so you use it for just about everything? :rolleyes:

It depends on the shot and the distance. I ain't going to throw it into a big headwind, or use as a FH roller, or a big helix, or max D thumber/tommy thats fo sho!

It's a great disc for adding suspense to your game. Every time you throw it you will be holding your breath wondering if it will stay straight, turn right, or come back left. It's probably the most unpredictable disc I've ever thrown.

That's my main driver disc, that I can throw backhand or sidearm. When I first got it, it was too overstable for me, kept cutting hard left so i used it sidearm. After it got beat in a bit, I was able to thow it either way. It's not my favorite sidearm disc though, that would be the Beast:D My main goal is to keep in on the fairway & the sidewinder does that.

It's a great disc for adding suspense to your game. Every time you throw it you will be holding your breath wondering if it will stay straight, turn right, or come back left. It's probably the most unpredictable disc I've ever thrown.

Nice. lol

I sorta agree with skurf here. Then again...it is fun to throw if you have a tailwind coming from 7 o'clock. (RHBH) My longest throw on an actual hole was with a sidewinder...375' as the crow flies...but the s path it took was probably closer to 420. Hyzered that puppy about 40 feet left of a tree that i need to go around left to right. The winder flipped, leveled and turned over about 240. Curved around the tree and then caught the tailwind on the bottom side and lifted. It floated right another 100 feet or so and lost steam and faded back left and coasted in on the basket.

By far my most memorable throw. And #5 at Vallarta-Ast plays up hill.

But like skurf says....sidewinders are not for the faint of heart.

Amen.

I like to throw mine in the trash. ;)

i throw mine into uber dense woods where there is no chance of finding it.

before that, tunnel shots, annys, and sometimes whatever it wanted to do (like go into the woods)

At first I hated it. But it is getting broken in now and I like it better. I am getting good distance and I like it for a flex shot.

do you mean hyzer flip? A sidewinder should never come back for a flex shot...

I use mine for hyzer flips, anhyzers, and rollers. I use it the same as I do my EliteX Xpress which is decently beat in. It flips more/harder than the xpress even.

Latest posts