• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How easily do you get tired playing dg?

I think it's different for everyone. I have gone 72 on multiple occasions and I STILL don't want to leave the course. I always seem to find energy left in me to play more,addictions blow.

When I first started throwing, my shoulder and arm were really sore for a few days, but I don't ever really get "tired" on the course. I've been a runner for much longer than I've been a disc golfer, so that probably has a lot to do with it.

I love to play all day. I don't even think about being tired until after 90 holes. I used to routinely play 108 evry time but now sometimes I only play 90. I don't feel like I get tired but I do notice more soreness ie back,feet etc. I think that comes with age (49).

90 holes has made me a bit tired but I still could've hit a few more, playing 3 and 4 rounds seems pretty normal to me. Playing 2 rounds is just like a quick thing, seems to go by so fast..

It seems like nearly all of my friends are near exhaustion just after playing like 9 or 18 holes but i don't really tend to get tired unless i play all day long. i'm just wondering if i just don't fatigue easily, or my friends are just a bunch of wimps?

I'm sorry but being able to only play 9 holes before becoming fatigued is a bit weak. Unless that is you have some sort of medical condition, in which case my sympathy goes out to you. Now maybe if you traveled from the coast to the mile high city and played in a tournament on short notice, then yes I can believe that you might tire quickly, much like when sports teams from low lying regions travel to Denver to play games. Then you have a feasible excuse (still a little weak). In other words tell your friends to suck it up or do some more cardio. I mean come on its disc golf you play till its dark or the wife makes you come home. And if you have glow sticks and the wife is out of town you play in the dark too. Then again this is coming from an addict. I'll do just about anything reasonable just to get to play another round.:D

I guess my first question is "Where does one get the time to play 90 holes?" My favorite course which is finally playable again takes me a little less than 2 hours to play by myself and about 2 1/2 with a group of 4. What i have noticed is that since Camden 2 opened in Milan, IL, which is a very hilly, wooded course, because i play that course the most, none of the other courses really wear me out because of the stamina i have built playing Camden 2.

My suggestion is to anyone if they want to build endurance but can't play 90:eek: holes in a day is to get ankle weights or carry a bag and fill it with heavy objects. You will build your stamina and endurance very fast.

Playing DG energizes me. I'll play 72-90 holes if there's driving to different courses in between.

After playing the 144 holes of the Great 8 I'm always tired but exhilarated. My back is usually sore from bending over ~450 times to get my disc.

I'm 58 years old and was a competitive athlete in different sports until I blew both knees out playing tournament raquetball in my mid 30's. They wanted to do a double knee replacement on me when I was 43, but I refused.

Since then, about the only sport I've played is pool which doesn't do much to keep you in shape.

A little over four months ago, I weighed 208 lbs. didn't like the way I felt or looked. I thought "Being a fat tub of crap on wobbly knees is not how I want to go through the latter years of my life.".

So, I started on a rabbit food diet (lots of salads) and lost a little weight but still didn't feel all that good.

Then, some young pool playing friends of mine introduced me to DG. I followed them around the first day. The next day, I borrowed one disc and had a ball! I was hooked.

Now, I weigh right at 180 and have no problem playing 36 holes a day. The most I've played in one day is 54 holes on three different courses, and I have to say, my butt was dragging by the end. LOL

Woodpecker

Last edited:
One of the great things about DG is that anyone of any age can play and it's great exercise! You can play as much or as little at one time as you want and the cost is negligible.

... and then you keep going until you almost loose your disc becuase its so dark out you cant see a thing, even though you should have stopped a while ago ;)

yah i almost did that tonight when i was playing again too. i looked for it and almost gave up cuz it was like pitch black and then i finally found it after walking around for twenty minutes in the dark;)

Latest posts