• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How far is too far? The quest for retrieving that favorite plastic!

How far is too far?

• I would do anything to get my plastic back!

Votes: 18 16.8%
  • I would atleast try untill it got too hard or unsafe!

Votes: 63 58.9%
  • Life in danger for plastic? You idiots...

Votes: 18 16.8%
  • Time to buy a new one! Not worth it!

Votes: 8 7.5%

• Total voters
Hey Techno, maybe you could start your own business... RC Disc Gitters, Inc.

Haha, the slogan could be "disc retrieval made fun." Best part would be PETA sending naked women to protest after seeing my snake retrieval demo.

In the last 2 weeks ive been up a tree and in a creek to get back my discs, so im pretty dedicated. But swimming with gators and snakes? Thats alllllll you guys.

I waded in mud up to my crotch and managed to get the disc with a stick. Bout half way to the disc I started wondering why.

If it was a CE Teebird or something like that, I might do something crazy to get it back. Or pay a dumbass to do it for me...

Plastic

I've climbed 50ft up a tree to get a friends disc... twice. Not to mention the hundreds I've braved thorns, poison ivy, and burning nettle for. If I think I can get it, I'm gonna get it.

I can't swim or climb trees worth a damn but anything else nature can throw at me is fair game. Snakes, spiders, thorns, I WILL find a way around. I'm also not allergic to poison ivy so I pretty much go trouncing through anything.

THIN ICE - Would let it go, unless I had my sons RC Hover craft. Have to remember to take that the next time I play where there is a chance of this happening.
Not too far for this guy. Definitely too far for me.

Threw my First Run champ Sidewinder in the creek in hole 17 @ Arcadia Park in Ft. Worth. I got in the freezing cold water so deep my hair was wet till I couldn't stay in anymore. Didn't find it, but my friend (total creek rat) drove up there from his house and found it. It really depends on the disc and the value, able to replace ect but if it's one of my fav's, I will stop at nothing (except hypothermia) to get it.

Good video, kind of more funny than frightening. But it's always funny till somebody gets hurt bad or drowns. It's just plastic no big deal, it's replaceable.

Once saw a couple of disc'ers feeling around, chest-deep, in a very murky, city run-off, creek, in which alligator gars have been frequently spotted. And it happened, as I waved my 25 cent flashlight back and forth between the two of them, one of them went totally under water! I'm serious-- head and all. Claimed that it was on purpose, but Marty & I know better ;) What a fun night at Alex Clark!

I once dove into a lake that had signs warning of gators. Heck, I've climbed 50' up in a pine tree for a disc that wasn't even mine.