• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2024 DGPT - Copenhagen Open

Maybe this thought experiment has already been done, but what if you had to pick a US team from either any single state, or a number of states such that no subset of them have a total population exceeding Finland's of 5.6 million?

So for instance if you pick Florida (22.6M) for Heimburg, you're stuck picking other Florida players (e.g. Gurthie, Oakley), while if you picked Iowa (3.2M) for Buhr, Callaway and Babcock, you could also pick another state with a population below 5.6M, or even multiple smaller/mountain states.

Arizona (7.4M) might be a good pick for Wysocki, Barela, Ulibarri and Welck. If you pick Georgia (11M) for both Robinsons, Harris and Anderson, will they beat the four best Finns?

Also while youre at it, pick a state that has 6 months of winter. :D

About the top EU MPO and how theyre doing vis a vis their US brethren. I wonder if theres anyone who could make a graph showing the finishing spots in DGPT events of the top rated EU MPO for the last I dont know, lets say 17 months. See who is trending.

Paging Steve West

Maybe this thought experiment has already been done, but what if you had to pick a US team from either any single state, or a number of states such that no subset of them have a total population exceeding Finland's of 5.6 million?

So for instance if you pick Florida (22.6M) for Heimburg, you're stuck picking other Florida players (e.g. Gurthie, Oakley), while if you picked Iowa (3.2M) for Buhr, Callaway and Babcock, you could also pick another state with a population below 5.6M, or even multiple smaller/mountain states.

Arizona (7.4M) might be a good pick for Wysocki, Barela, Ulibarri and Welck. If you pick Georgia (11M) for both Robinsons, Harris and Anderson, will they beat the four best Finns?
Florida wins this thought experement everytime they have the top tier distance and the og hustler putters. Heimburg GG John e and last spot can be any of the og slayers, CR, Greg hosfeld, Climo, Matt Tittle ect.

Also while youre at it, pick a state that has 6 months of winter. :D

About the top EU MPO and how theyre doing vis a vis their US brethren. I wonder if theres anyone who could make a graph showing the finishing spots in DGPT events of the top rated EU MPO for the last I dont know, lets say 17 months. See who is trending.

Paging Steve West
That's a job for StatMando. I focus on the courses, not the players.

Florida wins this thought experement everytime they have the top tier distance and the og hustler putters. Heimburg GG John e and last spot can be any of the og slayers, CR, Greg hosfeld, Climo, Matt Tittle ect.
McBeth is a FL resident again now.

Stop turning a discussion of Copenhagen into one of the SE USA.

Enjoyed the coverage and commentary a lot for this tournament. Watch out world, there be some amazing 16 year olds in Europe.

Simon's always had the ability.
Took him a while to figure out how to "win" as opposed to how to play great.

It's true everywhere, not just Europe. Having the skill is essential, but doesn't always translate to winning.

Playing great happens with your body, and practice.
Winning happens between the ears.

Last edited:

Latest posts