• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] How far should you be able to throw a buzzz?

I am by no stretch an above average player (probably low average in fact), but I can get my buzzz out to about 200 feet.

I've heard some pretty crazy distances on here with buzzzs. I can park a couple of the holes at my home course (325 & 336) with mine but I'll typically still grab a fairway driver or faster mid if there's any wind or I'm just not feeling it that day. If I'm having a good day, buzzz all day long ;)

300 with a Buzzz is not unreasonable. I'd say even at 250 you're doing pretty good.

I throw (real, not DGCR) distance 400-450 with drivers and I can get my Buzzz out to about 330, maybe slightly farther.

It doesnt matter how far you throw it as long as you hit your line.

One of my close friends/team mates can launch them out over 400... He can bomb 550 with a driver on average and smashed a 575 at the USADGC on the final day while on top card. I can get my Axes out to about 365-370.

I could/can throw a Buzzz 300' with a golf shot. I've seen Emac hit over 400' with a golf shot.

I throw (real, not DGCR) distance 400-450 with drivers and I can get my Buzzz out to about 330, maybe slightly farther.

It doesnt matter how far you throw it as long as you hit your line.

This. EDIT: Well, sorta...probably a bit farther (the Buzzz, not the drivers) - I tend to have a small window between putters and max-D drivers.

For a normal DGer, minimal 200' IMO

Last edited:
Yep, 330ish is about all I can get out of mine without aid of wind. They cruise in tailwinds though. I once threw my Buzzz for fun about 400-405 on a 420ft hole in a moderate tailwind.

How far are you throwing them? How far are you throwing your Teebird? If your Buzzz is about 50 feet shorter than your Teebird you're probably doing ok.

Not knowing how far you throw I would say you should set a goal for 300 feet.

My 2 cents.

Edit: I have thrown a Buzzzs 340-360 feet, average 325+, but that is course distance so it might not be 100% accurate.

Last edited:
300 feet is not out of the question by any means. I've seen them go past the basket on a 400 foot hole with some strong arms.

My Z Buzzzs go about 300-310 but my X Buzzz goes about 330
Typically in a round, I'll go with a fairway driver if it's 300-350ish, unless the hole is wide open and 300 ft.

I throw mine just shy of 300' on level ground with little to no wind. I feel thats pretty good for most disc golfers, but they can certainly be thrown further and im trying to get it out there

To the moon Alice! To the moon.

Obviously, whatever disc you select is likely to be quite dependent on the shot, terrain, wind, line, on infinitem, ad nauseum...

Generally speaking, throwing a Buzzz "feels" right to me in the 180' - 230' range, give or take.
Shorter and I'll prolly throw my Challenger. Longer, and I'll prolly reach for a JLS or maybe a Tee Bird.

I can certainly get mine out to 250+, but find I'm not as consistent with it at that distance; it usually turns over more than I want when I throw for that distance, and I'm not happy with the results, so I disc up to something I can more comfortably and consistently place where I'd like the shot to go at that distance. For me, that's a fairway driver for shots from 240 - 260/270'ish.