• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How Far Will You Go For Your Disc?

01 baby

I went in neck deep water when it was 35 degrees out when I threw my 01 roc in. Learned that lesson after bout 30 minutes.

At the Anderson Valley Brewing Company DGC, I threw my drive through the fence behind hole #14 and into the vinyard. There fence is pretty wobbly and covered with barbed-wire, making it unjumpable in that section. Thus, I walked all the way down to the corner of the property (1/8 mile) where it was more feasable to hop the fence. Walked up to get my disc, back down to re-jump the fence, then back to Hole #15's tee.

Talk about Disc Karma... Two holes later I got an Ace with that disc. Bahl Hornin!
DSCJNKY

break the ice

today I was at Plymouth Creek in Minnesota and my buddy threw his latitude 64 Core in the creek. I wasn't getting impatient and I decided to strip down to boxers and teeshirt. I stepped onto the ice-crack I fell right in 3.5 feet of water. I stepped out of the water frozen like nothing else and decided to do another round. I got home and saw that I had a huge scrape along my thigh

I had my fishing waders in the car and I took a huge stick and broke through ice for like 30 feet into a pond. Never got the disk. A few days after that without the waders I took my socks and boots off and went into the Niagara river with ice all around me for a disk. Got that one. Man I hate windy days.

Yeah, I hate that wind too haha:rolleyes:

Anyone who has climbed one of the Cedar trees at Keriakas in BG is dedicated.....or crazy. And they LOVE to EAT discs!!! Afterwards, you can be so covered in tree sap that a disc will literally stick to your hand. Small price to pay, I guess???

i know all about those disc eating cedars at kereiakes, i threw one up in the very top of one of those trees off of 16's teepad. it was wedged up there good, but very high up, i wasn't going to climb for it. about 5mo's later, i played in a tournament at kereiakes, and the disc was still there. i spent another 30min before the tournamant started trying to get the disc out with no luck, again! when my group stepped up to the tee of hole7, i mentioned that i had got one of my favorite drivers stuck in the top of the tree right by the box, and one of the guys said, "heck, i'll climb up and get it for you!". sure enough, he did. not sure if he was dedicated or crazy, but i was very glad to get the disc back. this story doesn't have a happy ending, ended up losing it in freeman lake a few months later.

very cool brother.

That takes some serious dedication / balls!

I showing off to a noob one day when my drive landed perfectly in a tree about 8 feet off the ground. It wasn't the hardest thing to reach but the tree was skinny and slick and so was the worn out tread on my New Balances. I spent 5 minutes trying to get decent freaking foot hold. Oh well.
8 Feet?! Get some ups!

The only time I called it quits and it was in sight was when it was stuck in a tree about 20 ft up and the darn thing was branchless for the first 10 ft at least. If I recall the base had poison ivy too but I would have climbed if I could have reached a foothold.

I let a friend of mine who was in town on a business trip borrow some discs to play at one of the local courses. He called me a while later to let me know that he got a disc stuck about 25ft up in a tall cedar tree. I drove into town (about 15min drive) and climbed the tree to retrieve the disc. can't just leave them out there...:D

I threw my favorite Star Destroyer in a lake in Mission Beach, San Diego. The very next day, I took an extra hour during my lunch break from work, drove down to the lake and donned a wetsuit to go snorkeling. I could only see about 8-10ft and so I combed the lake back and forth like I was a mowing a lawn. I ended finding my disc and five others.

That afternoon after work, I went to Morley Field and aced hole 4 with the same Star Destroyer for my second ace. That's karma~!