• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How long do you wait before you keep a disc?

Through no plan, I had a couple of discs I called on: it would have been minimal effort on the part of the previous owners to come and get them, really minimal, and after I year I figured they didn't care enough, so I sold them.

So about a year for me. After 2 calls each.

I make a few phone calls, send a few text and then throw it into a pile. In the truck I have 20 or so that I have carried all summer. Some find their way home and others just sit around. Put in a reasonable effort, ask around and if nothing happens keep it.

What's funny are the stories behind some discs. Last one I called about was lost by the original owner 7 years ago, he thanked me for the call and told me to enjoy it. He was in Texas and had moved from Raleigh long ago.

That is pretty cool. He must have kept his Raleigh phone number to keep in touch with friends and family.

I have about 15 discs, only 2 of the owners came forward, no response from the others.

I always try to return them and if I can't find the owner I'll give them to newer players. If I want to bag a disc I'll buy exactly what I'm looking for.

There should be no statute of limitations when it comes to time taken to get a lost disc back to the original loser (*no pun intended)!

Latest posts