• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How long it took for your first Ace.

SuperUnleaded

Ive been playing for 5 months and I just got my first hole in one the other day at Lake Chabot in California. Im loving this game so far. How about you folks? How long did it take you.

Just over 2 years and then I got 5 in my last year. I always heard they come in bunches and boy were they right. Congrats on yours!

I got my first ace within a month of starting, but it was complete luck and a pretty bad shot. It took a whole year to get another one, but that one was much more satisfying!

It took about 4 months til my first ace! I remember that shot as if it was yesterday! AH great memories. and yet i still haven't gotten another since. oh well, been loving disc golf ever since

I started playing in April of 2010, and hit my first ace that October so about 6 months.

Welcome to the site, and the addiction!

A week or so before my birthday this year, June 9th I think, so a little under a year.

You know what? Nothing personal but...

Twenty Six years and have witnessed hundreds of aces. Hit chains many many times and not one ever stuck.

Then last June one finally hit and stayed in. So, 26 years = 1 ace.

It may sound like sour grapes, that's because it is sour grapes.

"I was walking in a park the other day and saw a strange plastic disc on the ground. I ended up throwing it in to some woods and "ching" we walk toward the sound and the disc was sitting in some basket contraption thing I never saw before. I love this game!"

I guess my grumpy old man is taking over, Playing a round with some guys that are holding their own fairly well and find out half way through the round they have been playing 3 months it really depresses me.

You mean all this time and practice and playing and kinda sucky is the best I'll ever get?

I got my first one on September 1st of last year and I started playing that April, so around 5 months. I've gotten 4 more since then.

I just love these threads.... Hey op, go f yourself!!!!

Just kidding. I get very jealous when I hear these stories. It's been 5-6 years and counting with 0 aces...hit metal a handful of time. And almost got my head taken off by am ace.. FML!!

Just read this whole thread, and I just wanted to say that I hate you all!! :)

You all must be playing on some sick easy courses xD