• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many different ways to play?

We just played a 1 disc round called:

The Challenger Challenge!

You're only allowed to play with a Challenger!

were tied on the front 9, I lost by 1 stroke on the back 9.

\/\/

Play singles but everyone throws from the worst persons lie on each shot. Just make sure there's a noob on each card to make it interesting. :thmbup:

Great. :rolleyes: A bunch of guys running around nekkid together playing with their disxs. :gross: I know fun...and I don't think that's it. :thmbdown:

You must play with the wrong groups. I play with all kinds of cute chicks around here, so neked golf sounds like a good time to me.

You must play with the wrong groups. I play with all kinds of cute chicks around here, so neked golf sounds like a good time to me.

What's wrong with seeing a bunch of guys naked?

We just played a 1 disc round called:

The Challenger Challenge!

You're only allowed to play with a Challenger!

were tied on the front 9, I lost by 1 stroke on the back 9.

\/\/

They would think something funny is going on because I carry two or three Challengers with me while playing and I can chunk em far, hehe.

(more of a singles tourney)in this format it's best to have 2 rounds the first is random draw and then the second round the winners are split and paired with the lowest scoring team and so on down the line....the winner is whatever individual player has the lowest cumulative score.
Eg. Climo and Doss win round one with a 46...Noob and OATBOY have worst score of 74.....in the second round both are split and randomly paired with one another ..in round two Climo and Noob shoot a 60 and Doss and OATBOY throw a 64......in the final talley Climo gets a 106, Doss a 110, Noob a 134, and OATBOY a 138...low score for the day wins tourney (this often would not be the leader of round one and keeps the day very interesting...your always in the money).....you root for your partner but still it's an individual tourney

That's a pretty bad set up in my opinion. The entire bottom half of the field in the first round is automatically eliminated from winning the second round.

Random Disc Draw

Each player places a disc of their choice in a large bag.

One disc is randomly drawn from the large bag of discs for each player (helps if a non player does the drawing).

Then, draw for partners if playing doubles.

Strategy: choose a disc in which someone will have a hard time trying to putt with or get good distance with or a flat shot, but don't be surprised if your partner or even yourself get stuck with it!

I originally posted this in the tournaments section:

A game I've sometimes played with lesser skilled players is something that I call "piggyback". After everyone drives, all players have the option of choosing any of their opponent's lies as opposed to their own for their upshot. From that point until the completion of the hole, they are on their own.

The sticking point is, that once you have piggybacked off a particular opponent, you cannot piggyback off them again until you've piggybacked off of everyone else on the card and have played out a hole by yourself. You are always free to play your own drive every hole.*

It helps to keep a piece of paper handy so players know who they are eligible to piggyback off of.

Another variation on this is you can force everyone to piggyback, and good players have to shoot from lies that are worse than their own.

Latest posts