• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How Many Discs Do You Buy Each Month?

I'm also wondering whats normal... I mean for the 'player', not the collector. Is it non-sense to have ALOT of discs as a player? Isn't it best to master each disc and it's flight characteristics before learning a new disc? I justify having alot of disks by the fact I suck and tend to land off course alot

I was thinking it might be best to learn/master just 3 disks or so? Then maybe tinker with different plastics after you learn them well enough.

I think I end up with 3-6 new ones a month. However, hubby is the one with the addiction, not me. He just LOVES buying me stuff....discs, skis, bikes....(no wonder we're always broke:rolleyes:). Oh, and he ordered my Instep this am and already got a shipping confirmation. Sweet!

In the beginning when I started playing I would say about 2 discs a week. I would buy and try all types of disc to see what they would do for me and as I progressed they would be retired but not forgotten. I would go back to them when I would be learning a new technique, so don't ever totally give up on 1 certain disc. Now days, I know what works best for me and I rarely buy discs unless it's the latest and supposedly greatest or need a new go-to disc that is getting too broken in.

If I'm broke...zero.

If I'm not broke...I buy discs until I am.

Soooo...my answer is somwhere between zero and twenty per month.

It is need based. So if I loose one I replace it, but knock on wood, that been a while... Otherwise this month I am buying two for me and a few for some other people interested in getting in to the sport. I have a core group of discs that I like throwing now, but I am sampling others to see if I can get anything that throws better.

on average around 2-3 but sometimes more if lose something. I like to keep a couple of each disc i throw for backups.

I do not buy any discs anymore. I have plenty of replacement discs for the few I loose. I find many more unmarked discs than I loose and I give most of those away to noobs.

I might buy 3-4 of those wide-rim speed 12 discs. In the past I never usd them since I could not control them. But now living in a area that has lots of wide open holes an added 20-50' over my Orcs is worth it since there is no penalty for griplock (or sliplock).

It all depends on how often Innova, Discraft, or DGA comes out with a new disc I can't live without. Lately it has been about 2 a month.

Maybe one every 2-3 months now that my inventory is pretty complete. I have been trading like a madman on discaroo lately though.

beats me, bought 3 like 6 years ago before I knew what they were for, then bought 1 last summer, so I guess 2/3rds a disc per year is what I purchase.

A few more than I thought. I would have guessed less than one a month, but then I remembered all the discs I've bought recently have been online and I can look up how many.

It turns out I have purchased 8 discs in 2009 (5 months going back to a purchase on 1/3). Only 2 of those were brand new molds--an R-Pro Dart and a Groove.