• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How Many Discs Do You Buy Each Month?

I hear ya, I wish I could just go and buy like 10 discs every time I visit my disc golf store, Johnny Mac's. But I try to limit myself and just go in there and buy specifically what I am looking for. But since this year started my average disc buying per month has been 2 or 3, 4 if you count all the trades I have been doing.

It should be here today....I'm just plain giddy! :D

Put the second set of chains on it. You won't be sorry. After you buy the cut chain lengths and the ties and bend the copper tube, it will take you 5 minutes to put it on. Less really.

I buy 2-4 discs per month. Still trying out disc advice I read on DGCR. About half of it turns out OK.

I have over 200 I have accumulated in the last 6 years- which is about 35/year or about 3/month.

E-Bay and online disc stores are my weakness. I think my postman doesn't look at the address when I get a new disc, he just knows the shape of it and leaves it on my doorstep!!!

I do collect and trade and buy used....so I probably get 1 new/month that I actually buy with the intent to throw. (My wife thinks I have a problem! I tell her disc golf is cheaper than ball golf because it is free. Yet somehow I spend money constantly on this FREE sport.)

My motto too.:D

"Honey there isn't a green fee or cart fee." Which around here is about $20
So then I spend $30 on disc?????

Normally I'll buy 2-3 at a time, but spaced out over 2-3 months, so I guess my average is 1/month. Recently I've had a huge breakdown in will power though...I've bought over 25 discs in the last two months trying to get my bag just the way I want it (not 25 different types...at least a few are backups...)

I always seem to hear about a new disc or just one that I don't have in my bag and it makes me curious...would I throw that better than the one I have? This ends up with me buy on average a disc a month.

I buy a couple per month, sometimes more.
I already have over 200...
...can't seem..to stop...
..must control...

I buy way too many discs! During the summer I probably buy 4 or 5 a month. I end up giving away or trading most of my discs...I probably currently have 40 or so....way too many considering I generally don't throw more than 4 or 5 of them in a given round:)

last summer i was 5-10 per month guy - then i realized i hate carrying around 20+ discs and i should probably stop wasting money on the "latest and greatest" so i bought a smaller bag and had more than enough to fill it three or four times over.

until last week i had only bought one disc all year. last week i got 4

so 5 in 3 months this year seems much more reasonable.

I used to buy 2-3 discs per month...
this summer (between operations and dialysis) I've scaled back and become a "3DD"
Yup- I only carry three light discs, no bag, no water. Though i stop at the turn to get a drink.

Too many discs clouded my game. Three discs forces me to work on fundementals.