• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many discs do you own???

How Many Discs Do You Own?

• 10 or Less

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • 11-25

Votes: 52 18.4%
  • 26-50

Votes: 67 23.7%
  • 51-100

Votes: 66 23.3%
  • 101-250

Votes: 49 17.3%
  • 251-500

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • 501-1000

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • 1000+

Votes: 8 2.8%

• Total voters
80+ but I've been sending some to my nephews who I hooked this summer in SD. I've collected about 20 this year from doing the Saturday work crews at my home course. Before you start to fume, they had no name or number. :doh: Cool, clean plastic. You guys just keep throwing that unnamed & unnumbered plastic and my nephews will be up to 80+ in no time. ;)

WillA,
You can buy the VP discs in different firmness grades. So if you get one, make sure you get the floppy grade (I think they call it "Very Soft" or something like that).
If you want to get a disc that WILL NOT ROLL, get a 10m Brick from Quest.
I can't blieve I am recommending a Quest disc.
Anyways, I own one and that sucker WILL NOT ROLL. It is designed specifically to prevent rolling. The rim is too floppy for me, but I do carry it when I play a course with baskets on the side of a hill (New Bern, Mint Hill).
It is also VERY understable. It is the most understable putter I own, by a longshot.
Hope this helps.

I may have to look into that. I have some courses that have baskets on steep hills. 3's turn into 5's due to missing a put. In fact, some people I know overshoot the basket on purpose just so they can come back to it uphill.

400ish.
june2008082.jpg

There used to be more, but my wife found out that people pay money for these things on ebay and pretty much decimated the collection.

The guy I buy from at the #1 tee box doesn't have that kind of inventory! :hfive:

200+ About 100 of which I throw or eventually will throw. The other 100 are ones that hang on the wall. Rare discs, Tourney discs, etc...

Last edited:
I have about 20 in the bag, and another 15 that are just laying around either retired or discs I just don't throw.

I'm going to actually have to count them now... but I believe that it's around 45 right now. And after Christmas, I hope that it's over 50! Plastic was my #1 item on my list. Actually, it was about #1-10 on the list. :)

I bet alot of you guys would love to meet Marty. He has a rv that is filled with discs. He'll usually set up a couple bins of used but the rv has em all over the place- layin around, in the cubbys, everywhere. When I first started it was a cool expierence.

i only have somewhere in the 60s. i give away alot! any time i teach somone i give them a disc or two if i think theyll actually play and get into it. i also sell them super cheap to friends. at one time i had closer to 120. if their not in your bag, retired/look cool, or replacements in waiting theres no need to horde them. to think ive given away CE teebirds and 10x and 11x rocs and aviars and more. but ive taught alot of people and thats worth more to me than a disc. i need to do well in some tournaments this year cause im pretty much out of discs im willing to gift.

Im at probably 110-20ish, but Ive also given away 20-30 discs this year. Just last week at the GCC alone I gave away 6, but then got another 8-9 between raffle tickets and cashing in MA2.

Latest posts