• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many discs, is too many?

Eh,I guess I just don't look at it that way. To me having as many discs as I do is neither an advantage or disadvantage. The course is most certainly a place to learn,why wouldn't it be? Especially considering the 36 hole course I live next to is free to the public. Maybe if I were playing in tournaments for some money,then no it's not a place to learn,I totally agree. Every time I play I learn,including right on the course. AND because I refuse to take the game too seriously(which too many make the mistake of doing) it's alright for me to take the game easy and learn as I go while having loads of fun. I do appreciate the advice though and maybe I should just stick to the ones that seem to work the best for me,so I will keep what you said in mind. Who knows maybe my game will improve considerably due to these possible changes ;)

I agree with you. I do want to improve my game but right now I just have fun going to the course and playing. If I have free time I would much rather spend it playing a round than going to a field and tossing discs for 2 hours. I plan on playing in some trnys this coming spring and summer, but I just plan on going for the fun I'm not really hoping to win anything. As a fiarly new player having more discs that i need almost seems to help me in a wierd way. You start out with a bunch of different discs you play with all of them, over time you learn which ones work best for your style and you narrow your inventory down then you when you buy more discs you get the disc you like best in different wieghts. This has been my crazy strategy for disc buying. When I started playing it was just fun to get a new disc and see what it did..

Latest posts