• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many discs is too many?

I honestly have no clue exactly how many I have, but if I were to guess I'd say 500-700. I have 22 in my bag, about 50 in my trunk, and maybe 500ish in the garage. As for how many discs are too many, is that for the # in your bag or just overall? I think overall there is never too many, there's so many different reasons you could have that many discs that could be plausible. As for in your bag, I'd say if you got more that 25 you might have too many, but it's so different for everyone (Feldberg 40+). Totally depends on your level of play and your personal preference. Beginners should definitely have no more than 10 discs.

Disc organizer says I have 68. Factoring in loaners, backups, different uses (water vs. woods vs. wind), drivers that I am saving for when I have gotten skilled enough to use them, there are not a lot of extras. If I wasn't needing to have both lighter and heavier of some discs, because of my noodle arm and also sometimes playing in wind, I could cut a dozen.

OTOH, I am liking my Anode, Ion, Axis, and Vector so much that I am tempted to get rid of most all but loaners, a few drivers, and my Darts....

Man I have like 20 and I feel like I have to many. If I had 500 in my garage I have no idea what I would do.

Somewhere around 100-110 discs

13 in the bag
44 OOP Rhynos on the wall
20 OOP Eagles on the wall
10 in a "whoever needs discs" bag set up for new players
30ish stack of randoms and back ups

also around 15 mini's

40-50 stickers and patches

The answer to the question in the OP is "72.875 is too many."
You're OK with 72, but the minute you bring home a disc with an 1/8 of it missing, you have too many discs. :p

Just re-organized and counted....total of 177, which doesn't seem like a lot compared to those with 500+

Just re-organized and counted....total of 177, which doesn't seem like a lot compared to those with 500+
sounds bit like someone who's kinda drunk saying "I'm not drunk, I just got a little buzzz going. That guy passed out over there... he's drunk." :p

Too many is when people start to make comments. I'm good until then.

I don't have nearly as many as most people on the site, I have around 30. But you can never have to many discs. C'mon how could you think such things?!

Latest posts