• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many new courses did you play this summer?

How Many New Courses Did You Play This Summer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Winter is my time for new courses, should be adding 20 or 30 come Nov/Dec - doubt I'll crack 1300 by the end of the year though which has been my goal.

I tend to not change up courses very often, but I got 6 new ones and 1 new country!

Gufunes, Reykjavik IS <-- New country
Mountain Pride Park, Murrieta CA
Gates of Hell DGC, Valley Center CA
Sunset Park, San Marcos CA
Montiel Park, San Marcos CA
Mast Park, Santee CA
Enchanted Lands DGC, Roswell NM <-- New State

- Moose Pretzel In Homer, AK
- Alaska Pacific University DGC in Anchorage, AK
- Sutton Elementary in Sutton, AK
- Seward Elementary in Seward, AK
- Aclcantra DGC - Big Su in Wasilla, AK
- Nakajin Hibiscus Course on the island of Okinawa, Japan (I played tournament here 1.5 years ago but never an actual normal round)

Played 5 new courses this year. I tend to stick to mid-Missouri for the most part, which is ok because there's a lot of great courses - though lesser known than StL and KC - within a 1 hour drive from Columbia.

Harmony Bends at Strawn Park here in town is an absolute gem. The best course I've ever played, so easily my favorite new course I played this year.

Only been playing a little less than 7 months, so my total course number is not very impressive but I added three over the summer, including my first ones outside my home state:

Johnson Street Park-High Point, NC
Flat Rock Park DGC-Columbus, GA
Dingle Wood DGC-Columbus, GA

Hoping to make a mid-Fall trip to bag a few more here in central NC and southern VA before the weather gets too cold.

The weather is rarely too cold in NC. We play year round. Winter means you can't wear shorts for every round.

So far, it's been easier to do day trips for course bagging in the cooler weather from October through the winter. The catch is I'm really running out of stuff within a three hour drive away from home, so I run out of daylight.
Only played 17 new courses since the end of May, but I was pleased to discover how nice the courses were around Peoria, IL, while playing at the Ledgestone Open. Kudos to those folks on a really nice DG scene!

14 new ones this year. Good chance to get a few more in cooler weather before the end of the year.

So far, it's been easier to do day trips for course bagging in the cooler weather from October through the winter. The catch is I'm really running out of stuff within a three hour drive away from home, so I run out of daylight.
Only played 17 new courses since the end of May, but I was pleased to discover how nice the courses were around Peoria, IL, while playing at the Ledgestone Open. Kudos to those folks on a really nice DG scene!

I'm in the same boat now. 180 played in WI, and nothing that's within an hour and a half...and even those are sparse. Planning a full bagging day is getting tough. Future bagging is going to be a grind, for sure.

I'm in the same boat now. 180 played in WI, and nothing that's within an hour and a half...and even those are sparse. Planning a full bagging day is getting tough. Future bagging is going to be a grind, for sure.

I think I have a solution to your problem....

Personally I have only bagged 1 new course this year. Echo Valley temp course.

In the last 9 days...2 courses at Shore Winds in NY, S Lang in IN, Ditto Farms in MD and Sedgley in PA. Earlier this month, Roy G in Austin TX.

at least a dozen, the most notable being:

Stelliacoom
Pier Park
Blue Lake
Shelton Springs
Toronto Island

looking forward to the next trip

Summer 2016 new courses

4 in California
8 in Oregon (also a new state)
3 in Washington (also a new state)
4 in Maryland

26 new this year so far.

Leister Park DGC - MD
Rockwell Park - CT
Glenwood Park - WV

NH:
Otter Brook DGC
Storrs Pond Rec. Area

VA:
Franklin Park
Jim Barnett Park

MA:
Maple Hill DGC
Pyramids
Pyramids Pink

VT:
Black Falls DGC
North Calais
Smugglers Notch - Brewster Ridge
Smugglers Notch - Fox Run

PA:
Rock Mountain DGC
Prompton State Park
Tyler State Park - West
Tyler State Park - East
Bootlegger's Cave

NY:
Frost Valley DGC
Walnut Mountain
The Oasis @ Warwick
Stonykill DGC
Joralemon Park DGC
Mine Kill DGC
Hyzer Creek

Argh! In the 4 years 4 months I've been playing, this is the calendar year with the least new courses played. :( Only 3! Last year was 15, the year before that 16 (3 in Canada)... This is the 1st year without a new state, too! :(

This year:
Anderson River Park, Anderson, CA
Ryan Ranch, Monterey, CA
Black Mouse, Felton, CA

[Yeah, I went through Santa Cruz and didn't play Delaveaga. Wife was with me and Black Mouse looked more manageable, and cooler. It was a fun course, my wife loved it, and it was quite shady and (comparatively) cool. I'm happy with the choice. I'll get Delaveaga another time.]

I'm definitely going to have to take a road trip soon, though. :D

I'm thinking something like Chico, Paradise, Oroville, Penn Valley, and/or Grass Valley.

Latest posts