• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

how many penalty strokes?

I can't see how the "guy" can be penalized or required to re-throw for throwing from a lie that was determined by the card. Everyone agreed to the lie so no reason to consider a provisional. After the throw its clear the card was wrong but oh well.

I can't see how the "guy" can be penalized or required to re-throw for throwing from a lie that was determined by the card. Everyone agreed to the lie so no reason to consider a provisional. After the throw its clear the card was wrong but oh well.

the only reason the card agreed on a lie was because that was the next step AFTER the "guy" wrongly confirmed to the card that his disc was found. the card didn't tell him that was his disc...

The more I think about it the more i am sure he would be throwing 3 from his lie if found or 4 from the tee.

If his disc is found then he gets one from the tee and a misplay penalty so lying 2 throwing 3

if lost it is matter of semantics and if you wanna argue that the "misplay" and the tee shot are one action and the misplay doesnt count because you never changed your lie fine you win that but rule 809.03 says

A practice throw is any throw that is not made as a competitive attempt to change the lie, except for a throw that is made either to set aside an unused disc or to return a disc to a player and that travels less than five meters in the air. A drop is not a practice throw. Practice throws are disregarded.

A player receives one penalty throw for making a practice throw.

Convince me that the throw you made from under the tree was a throw to set aside a disc and was less than 5 meters. NOPE that was a "throw not made as a competitive attempt to change your lie" this was your argument not mine so do you want +1 for a misplay or +1 for a practice throw to go on top of your +1 for losing your disc?

It's threads like this that make me want to throw my TV across the room every time Trevor blatantly foot faults while being filmed.

Sticklers everywhere but where you need them! Lol.

We have had entire cards throw from the wrong tee. Everyone agreed to the lie so no reason to consider a provisional. At the end of the round its clear the card was wrong but oh well.

A misplay is a misplay, people.

Latest posts