• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] How many people have taken prodigy out of their bag and going back to innova,discraft

Your sig says you throw both the Giant and the Tern... aren't those both the exact same rim width as the D series (2.3 cm)?

Maybe. I'm not a scientist.

But I know this: it is fairly easy for me to get distance and golf lines with the Giant. The Tern is a moneymaker and I've thrown it much farther and more accurate than any other driver.

Prodigy discs just didn't work for me. Couldn't push them out far enough. The rims feels huge and the crave a nice, power and fast throw.

Don't know why I'm explaining myself to some random on the Internet, but there you have it. Fire away.

I really enjoy prodigy's plastic. I bag the M1, M3, M4, and I used to bag a D3 and D1 until i lost both of them. Now I'm trying out the worlds and I love them. The Pa1 would also be in the bag if I had 400s one, the 300s Pa1 is my favorite driving putter ever, dead straight with a smidge of fade out of the box. It's beautiful.

I bagged the D4 for a while and liked it. Took it out quite a while back. My Katana or beat Wraith did better.

I really liked the feel of the plastic. Hate the naming system. People can remember images and things better than just numbers. I've tried the D1 and D2, had an F7. None of them stuck. I hated the F7, just didn't fly right for me.

My bag is mostly MVP and Innova with a Comet and Fury thrown in.

I bagged the D4 for a while and liked it. Took it out quite a while back. My Katana or beat Wraith did better.

I really liked the feel of the plastic. Hate the naming system. People can remember images and things better than just numbers. I've tried the D1 and D2, had an F7. None of them stuck. I hated the F7, just didn't fly right for me.

Wait, numbers aren't easier to remember than specific names? Am I the only one named "boy 1"? My brothers "boy 2" and "boy 3" have always felt inferior.

Edit: The sass is for satire. It is support your argument, I realized after posting it that it seemed a little pointed at you. I support your stance.

I liked the higher end plastics, but never clicked with any of the discs. I'd like to try the X and H series now that they are out since they are closer to the molds I usually carry.

I bag molds from tons of manufactures so I wanted to like them especially since the office is like 5 miles from my house.

They have fine discs, but I just have a hard time getting excited about them.

I use Innova: Ape, Katana, Firebird, Teebird, Roc3
Yikun; Hu, Yao, Gui
Westside; Harp
Lat64; Stiletto, Trident
Gateway; Wizard, Warlock
You throw Yikun and Prodigy's plastic feels cheap? :confused::confused::confused:

I don't have much to add to this thread, as Prodigy doesn't make a single disc that I've liked enough to bag. If I were just getting started I might buy some, but they don't have anything I've tried that outperforms my current molds. They certainly have not revolutionized that game yet...

You throw Yikun and Prodigy's plastic feels cheap? :confused::confused::confused:

I don't have much to add to this thread, as Prodigy doesn't make a single disc that I've liked enough to bag. If I were just getting started I might buy some, but they don't have anything I've tried that outperforms my current molds. They certainly have not revolutionized that game yet...

I never said they felt cheap, I said I like the higher end plastics.

I actually love the Phoenix and Dragon plastic from Yikun too, it's pretty much the same as Z and Ti from discraft.

Really like the way their opaque 400 plastic feels. All the D series are too fast for me. Liked the F2, but not more than a TeeBird. F7 was fun, but i lost it and haven't missed it much. I tried a few of their mids but I liked my current ones better. I do bag a PA4. I like that it's relatively low profile but not fast or overstable. I might try an F3 if I could find one under 170g in a color I like. With the exception of the air line, most of Prodigy discs I see in stores are heavy.

I really like the f3 its super straight in the 400 plastic. I dont throw it because my straight teebird has broken inti where the f3 flew. I also got a proto m2 but it flew like a buzz not what i thought it would fly like. But it was nice but not in the bag. I had a pa4 in the bag for a while but it never could fly like my yeti aviar so i gave up on it. Now the only prodigy disc i bag is a pa1 this disc is great its overstable and feels good so it has hels itsvplace very well

Never even bothered to try prodigy discs. Nothing they had sounded different or better to justify buying them at more expensive price points than what is already in my bag.

I was throwing an almost entirely prodigy bag for a few months to give it a try. Out of all their discs, I like the putters the best. Every one I've tried, I liked, but I currently bag a 400s PA1, 400s PA4, 300s PA4, and putt with PA3s. The low profile and flat top really click with my grip and feel comfortable in my hand. I've been switching out the PA3s with Wizards and Judges recently, but I keep coming back to the PA3 because of its feel.

I also have had D1s, M2s and M3s as staples in my bag for most of the last year, though they're currently not in the bag as I'm testing out some lat/DD mids and testing out throwing the Giant/Enforcer instead of my D1s.

I enjoyed D3s when I had a range of them beat into the stability I wanted, but I lost my main hyzerflip D3 so they came out. The only set of discs I didn't have any real love for were the fairways. They were fine, but I always found stuff that did better. The F-3 is a good disc, but my range of Teebirds filled that slot better. The F-5 was a really nice stable fairway, but my rivers were more controllable and longer.

i like the d1. bought a blue one & lost it in some heavy brush, so i bought a red one & it wasn't as stable... then i found the blue in the water a month later at the same course, so it is still in my bag. i was trying to get the f3 to fly like i wanted, but lost it, so the eagle is back in. the f1 i have is nice and beefy, but it's a clear/tie dye and looks good on the wall, so the firebird remains in the bag.

"People can remember images and things better than just numbers."
Why(and when) were numbers invented in the first place? Why doesn't your SS#, your phone number, your I.Q., your address, your blood pressure, speed limit signs, computer code and our currency just to name a few consist of nothing but a bunch of hieroglyphs?

Numbers get lost in the shuffle. Names stand out, they distinguish themselves. Unless you are a math whiz who gets excited about numbers (6 is the 23rd digit of pi!) names seem to have a deeper connection for most people.

Prodigy has a solid place in my bag. D3 will be back in the bag soon.

Numbers get lost in the shuffle. Names stand out, they distinguish themselves. Unless you are a math whiz who gets excited about numbers (6 is the 23rd digit of pi!) names seem to have a deeper connection for most people.

So there are two types of people in the world(or in this forum) apparently. One's who want their discs names to be descriptive of their attributes and one's who want arbitrary but exciting names for their discs.

I've tried a D3, F2, F5, F7, and a M3. The only one I've kept is the M3. The M3 is really consistent for me.

I actually like the naming system. I think it's much easier to know what to expect of the disc. Low number is overstable, high number is understable. When another company releases "random name of disc" you have no idea what to expect until you see the flight numbers.