• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] How many people have taken prodigy out of their bag and going back to innova,discraft

I've thrown a couple, and I used to love them. Now I just throw their midrange (M3) and have a D4 just sitting in my trunk.

I've only thrown one Prodigy disc. It's an M2 (formally M3 Proto) XOUT 400. I like it, and it actually replaced my Roc3 which I hated, not a fan of the bead. The M2 has a nice predictable fade. Anyway It'll stay in my bag, until I find a slight overstable mid I like better.

The problem really occurs when you want to throw something but you know there is something more predictable. I love Prodigy but I know that all in all for me there's a few discs I could toss more consistently. This is a broad statement, not necessarily Innova or Discraft, though that does apply to a few of their best sellers.

I find I get the most consistent results from the Innova/Discmania stuff I'm throwing now. It may just be that i didn't throw the Prodigy discs long enough to get totally used to them. I kind of doubt it though. I did throw them for a while.

I'm the least partisan disc golfer I know. I have mostly Innova and Latitude 64 in my bag, but my most used disc might be the Buzzz. I also carry a Vibram Trak, Millenium QMS, Discmania PD's, and a DD Suspect.

The only Prodigy disc I've ever taken a liking to is the D4, but I do have that one bagged.

I like the PA4, but that's it. It's a better throwing Magic. Couldn't really click with the Shaman's shallowness and the PA4 was right in between. It's pulled when I beat in another putter though.

I cant really say i dont like them since i havent tried any of them but i have honestly had no real want or need to try them for one reason or another :\

Like Icarus, Prodigy flew too high, and the Sun burned it and sent it crashing back to Earth. :)

Was never interested in the drivers, too fast, only really tried the M4, because I like faster understable mids, but it never stuck. Back to the meteor and/or comet for that slot.

Mostly Innova/Legacy for drivers, Discraft for mids, and Wiz/ Judge putter.

Aw.. I had to run down to the valley and missed out on all the fireworks in this thread... shoot...but I can say I saw quite a few Prodigy discs(and even more Trilogy discs) being thrown down there. I heard something about it being harder for retailers to get discs from Prodigy now though, but I don't know if there was any merit to it, or what the reason was or would be. I did notice that Spinner's hadn't restocked their Prodigy selections since my last visit for whatever reason(s).

We've put a few Prodigy molds in our club merch in the past. They take a lot of time to sell.

That being said, I remember when Latitude 64 came out, they were slow to catch on to people too.

i have an m1 and an m2, the m1 is about to taken out of the bag though.

Like Icarus, Prodigy flew too high, and the Sun burned it and sent it crashing back to Earth. :)
Did they ever fly that high? Not in the parts of Ohio or Michigan where I play. Around here their fall from grace would be more like falling out of bed after a night of drinking malt liquor as opposed to plummeting down from the heavens. More sad and pathetic as opposed to dramatic.

Did they ever fly that high? Not in the parts of Ohio or Michigan where I play. Around here their fall from grace would be more like falling out of bed after a night of drinking malt liquor as opposed to plummeting down from the heavens. More sad and pathetic as opposed to dramatic.

Well, they were flying pretty high when they roped in that team of theirs. That is what I was thinking of.

Nice analogy though :clap:

I only had an M5 I was looking for a good understable midrange. Then I found the Fuse, and Flying Squirrel. No more m5. I only throw it on windy putts now. Because it's 180g.
Was very disappointed with the M5, I can see it being useful for maybe 1 in 100 throws. The Fuse, and especially the flying squirrel are awesome discs though

Well you've definitely swayed my position. Whereas before I threw Prodigy for practical reasons(great plastic/sensible naming/rating system,flight and such) now I'll be throwing them just to get a rise out of you guys. As far as analogies go it's a bit like leaving out leftover's just to watch the wildlife feed. It's fun and all, but you know it's bad for both parties in the long run.

I put Prodigy in my bag mainly because I hated the names from Innova Disc Craft et al. The Prodigy discs that I have taken out are my D series. (Those are driver discs for the confused.) One they release a H5 (think halfway between driver and fairway driver- 4 the confused) then my bag will once again be all Prodigy.

Latest posts