• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] How many people throw the Orc?

KNole

Eagle Member
I don't hear many people on here talking much about the Orc. Do you throw it? Do you like it?

I throw and love the Orc religiously. There's not much any other driver can do that the Orc can't. I typically throw Night Shift, Special Blend, and Pearly champ orcs.

i have one in my bag - found it actually, well worn star 165 (and everything else in my bag is heavier)

this is a great disc - much like a slightly slower, more workable/forgiving wraith. beautiful glide, feels good in my hand.. i have definitely started throwing it more because i like the lines i can shape

i threw the orc for some time until i put an OLF in my hand. its a solid disc and good for its slot but it didnt fit my game plan well.

when i first joined people were all about them and the price was high for the pearlies....now they have faded away.....

The Orc used to be my go-to driver. Last year as I started playing around with some different molds it got worked out of my bag. I'm now trying to re-acquaint myself with it to work it back into my bag.

Orc Glide ?????????

The Orc is not a glidey discs at all

compared to todays standards it doesnt but when it came out that was a glidey and speedy driver.

i bought a champ orc because of all the praise i was hearing it get and... don't care for it.

but, it sounds like the standard champion version may not be a good representation of the disc. what plastic do you guys prefer it in?

its a disc built more for gaining distance from its speed and not glide....thus its more like a knife than a feather.....good for wind and line shaping without worrying too much about going too far off course

The thing about an orc is that its different from most discs and requires some time and effort to learn

I've been carrying a couple of them for 3 months. It's a solid disc but there are a lot of alternatives. There aren't any particularly compelling reasons to carry an Orc over a PD, Avenger, Striker, OLF, Wraith, Surge, Flow, etc...

If you like the feel of the disc, give it a go.

What Optidiscic is saying is why I prefer the Special Blend Orcs. They have all the speed and ultr-controllability of an Orc with an additional bump up in the glide department.

Would it be pointless to get one if I already have a wraith?

piontless- possibly
should you - prolly not worth the $$$ to have it sit to the side after you find out you dont like it.

well if your ever playing Prompton and the wind is howling you might want a glideless wraith....so I'd say it has its place in the game