• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] How many people throw the Orc?

I have a Champ Orc, but I don't find that it can do anything better than what my Opto Flow can do except just a tad better in strong headwinds, but I have a Starfire that excels in that area.

well if your ever playing Prompton and the wind is howling you might want a glideless wraith....so I'd say it has its place in the game

I was at prompt on last weekend. By the looks of it the course won't be ready for a while. They are just starting to build a visitor center on the plateau where the basket for hole 10 was. And the baskets are covered with black covers

ive thrown orcs from time to time, and i agree its like a wraith with less glide and speed. just don't have a spot for it in my bag atm..great disc tho

I have a 156gm & a 160gm (both pearly) that are perfect for for my noodle(ish) arm. I get more distance from my Orc's than i do from my 150gm Eagle! The Eagle has plenty of glide, but always fades sooner! I have seen players with more power turn over Orc's no matter how heavy.

I love my Orcs. I carry a 175 pearly and a 171 regular champ. The pearly is great for headwinds. My regular champ is beat and is my farthest flying disc by far. Ive thrown Katanas, nukes, flows and my orc goes 50' farther than all of them. My form may be off but I cant go against whats working.

Go to driver for me! 1 beat Champ Orc for that nice S curve, and 1 newer Champ for the more straight with slight fade at the end.

I am a longtime Orc fan. The special blends hooked me. When I lost my last one I tried all types and settled on Stars between 172 and 175 with a medium dome and medium part line. Now, years later, I use Tls in that slot unless I need the stability. For an extra 40' I use a Pro Wraith, unless it is windy then I bust out the Orc. It it pretty much my safety blanket. It is just so reliable.

I have a prettty good really beat in champion one that flies on a nice and long S curve, and a not as good semi beat in tye die champ one which is the same, but with less glide.

Going to thread jack for a sec but I thinl a lot of Orc throwers would fall in love with the PD.

Orc is a good disc, I've had 3...Although the newest one I have is a 175g Champ. Its almost too solid...Although I haven't thrown it enough to break it in.

But in General I really like the Orc. You can whip it and it may turn over, but for the most part its an overstable driver. Not super fast or super...anything, but a good, controllable stable/overstable

Its different than the wraith a LOT. I think

I throw orcs, right now there are 4 in my bag 2 pearly, one champ meathook (for a orc) and a straight champ

they are great all around distance drivers, I can turn it over and end flat, or go for all out d, or just crank a huge steady hyzer

I throw the orc for up hill drives and long turn overs. Love the orc, great disc

I am so glad that I found this thread because I have an Orc but was afraid to ask. I guess now I'll just have to go try it.

I bought a Champ Orc for an on the spot, one disc, round at Alexander park. It seemed like the best bet for playing one disc and being competitive. Also, it was dayglow yellow and we were playing at dusk. I have used it off and on since, and am trying to work it back into regular play now that I have dyed a Kraken onto it.

I throw a couple Orcs and have a lifetime supply of them (Champ) it seems. I use a fan grip and do not have long fingers so I have an impossible time getting a consistent release with the wider-rimmed discs that are faster than speed 10. They are the fastest disc I carry.

I use mine mainly for FH these days. It was for long my main BH driver but the Wraith came along and I rather favor a Starfire, having a little less turn.

The orc is my go to driver. I have two champs in my bag that are different weight. I have a 175 and a 169 depending on how much I need to flip it.

175 champ Orc is my fastest driver. I like it because it is easy to control. It is great to throw in headwinds and certain cross winds because it stays level and holds the line.

Latest posts