• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] How many people throw the Orc?

I found an Orc at a course and the person who's name is on it says it is not theirs! Figured it was curesed or something so I haven't tried it yet.

Got my first ace flicking a champ orc, but that was a while ago. I have a Pro Line Orc that I've thrown maybe twice, but its not in my bag. I am perfectly happy with my Z Surges.

Last edited:
Someone found an untagged dx Orc and offered it to me, to replace the disc I had just lost on the same hole...I took it and tried throwing it once. Must have got some hella snap because it turned over on me...not sure how a new one or better plastic would fly. This one will probably only be thrown over water from now on.

Unimpressed...

I couldn't play a round without one. I carry 3-4 Orc's, my main driver. 1-2 old Pearly Champ, 1 Star, 1 Pro-Line. (can always unload Orcs here :))

Champs are the bread, star is the beef and the Pro line is the butter. What does the PD do that the Orcs cant? I've had a P-PD sitting on a shelf for a month. I'm afraid to try new discs now as my bag is getting solidified, I dont need to fall in love with yet another mold. I like too many as it is...

Someone found an untagged dx Orc and offered it to me, to replace the disc I had just lost on the same hole...I took it and tried throwing it once. Must have got some hella snap because it turned over on me...not sure how a new one or better plastic would fly. This one will probably only be thrown over water from now on.

Unimpressed...
The DX Orc is not a good representation of the Orc. I found one once, too and even though it didn't look very beat it flew way understable. They apparently have some serious durability issues in DX. The Champ Orc I've thrown is completely different.

I found a champ orc in a tree one day, and I liked it, but it is green so it can be hard to find during the prime discing months, so it tends to just sit around, on top of that I'm sort of disced down and trying to minimalize a little bit, so yeah good disc just don't really have a spot for it

I throw a couple Orcs and have a lifetime supply of them (Champ) it seems. I use a fan grip and do not have long fingers so I have an impossible time getting a consistent release with the wider-rimmed discs that are faster than speed 10. They are the fastest disc I carry.

I am very similar. After a year of playing I ran into Barry Schultz in Kenosha, WI and he showed me how to throw with a fan grip. I strated throwing all drives with that grip. I absolutely fell in love with the CE Valkyrie.

When the Orc was released it became a staple in the bag. The rim was somewhat similar to a Valkyrie so I liked it immediately. I too have a lifetime supply. I carry a nice light weight pearly that is easy to flip up to flat and turn over if needed. I carry another champion that is a nice straight flyer. Depending on the course I may put in a more stable one. It's a fantastic disc. I tell people that my Orc is my teebird. I used to carry 5 when it was my primary driver for a variety of shots. The Eagle has taken away some of those shots as I absolutely love the predictability of them. It's like a long stable Roc for me. The Orc is a fantastic disc.

last 3 aces

Star Firebird - 5 from each person in my group
Star Orc - 300 ace pot
Star Orc - 100 ace pot

Orc is money:)

Orc is a fantastic stable driver. Great windy driver disc and flex shots.
It's typically the meatiest fast disc in my bag.

I have lost a lot of my great orcs in the lake...
Some of my favorites:
175 Pearly Champ
165 Pearly/Gummy Champ
175 Champ (hard plastic)

Always wanted to try a Star.

I use to throw Orcs as my main go to driver but have gotten away from it for other discs though I've always loved the Orc. My Special Blend from Tulsa was one of my smoothest flying discs ever but I retired it out of fear of losing it. I'm thinking about putting at least one back in the bag once I break from tournaments in a couple weeks.

its a disc built more for gaining distance from its speed and not glide....thus its more like a knife than a feather.....good for wind and line shaping without worrying too much about going too far off course

The thing about an orc is that its different from most discs and requires some time and effort to learn

^^^This is the best description ever

I have a new pearly orc that I've really been getting into recently. It seems to always want to stay low and fly straight, plus it feels great in my hand and I seem to get a consistent release with it. The only thing I don't particularly care for is the sharp fade at the end... for those who have experience beating in orcs, how much does this lessen over time, if at all?

I've got a Champ Orc up for raffle on my website. It's the disc in my avatar. I loved it, but am trying to use different discs now. They're great for uphill thumbers though, and very versatile for other shots.

i have more orcs than any other disc, love them,1 dx, 1 pearly and one beat champ in the bag currently

Currently in the bag, beat regular champ orc, heavy pearly champ, SB Orc, and debating on putting new 161g Proline in bag. Only thing I have faster is a Sword, just for a couple of holes. I love orcs.

The Orc was my goto until I started throwing OLF's. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the disc, I just prefer the glide on my OLF's.

Tried them several times just never fell for them pretty good disc just never did it I do like it for a good sidearm open field S tho

The Orc is one of the best discs I own,for 300 ft on in I find this disc to be money!
Anyone whos ever played a round with me can vouch for that.

A pic of my baby.

Attachments

• 2011-06-07_17-34-49_706.jpg
    2011-06-07_17-34-49_706.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 20

Latest posts