• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many putter molds do you have?

cunninsa

Par Member
I'm getting bad at collecting and switching putters I use on a regular basis. I am now starting to realize this is probably hurting me more just by keeping this many. I have quite a few Wizards, a couple Omega SS, a soft and medium Ion, have a couple more Omegas, Wizards, another medium Ion, a Sinus AP, and a Vibram ridge on the way. When does it become too much? Any recommendations? I will say the soft Ion seems to be giving me the best results even though for some reason I'm hooked on collecting Wizards (most of them just feel great - I just am inconsistant with them).

Uh, let's see.

Polecat
Summits (2)
Ridge
Ions (7-8)
Q-mega
SuperSonic
Magics (6)
Jujus (2)
VooDoos (2)
Reef
Zone
Warlocks (2)
Putt'r
2 Ions, 2 Summits, and the SuperSonic are in the bag right now, with the Zone coming on certain courses.

I love putters (and mids). They're just fun to play with. It's nice to have a practice stock of the same mold too.

Last edited:
Hmmm, 3 Aviars (P1s), 2 P2s, VP, Ridge, 2 Birdies, Polecat, 2 Challengers, 2 Wizards, 10 IONs, 5 JOKERis, a barely thrown max weight Pro Rhyno... I must have sold a few because I know I used to have more...

Only the ION and JOKERi have a chance of going in the bag.

EDIT: Oh, we're counting general lids too! Well then add various Ultimate discs and 235 molds in there (Heroes, Praxis etc.)

Last edited:
Yeah it looks like others share my addiction. I've been collecting different ones trying to find the "right" one for me. The Ion still feels the best. But I have yet to try the Sinus or the Vibram I have coming. I guess we'll see. I should definitely quit buying though. They will infest my house soon.

I stick with a few - A beat soft magnet for most putts within 50ft, a crisp new Yetipro Aviar for anhyzer approaches, a Pro Pig for hyzer approaches, and a newer Magnet just in case.

I currently have 3 putter molds in the bag and have had as many as four or five in the past when experimenting. I've done my best to narrow them down, but I still own 6 or 7 molds. big bead aviars, omega ss, beadless aviars, rhynos, wizard, ion, putt'r. I think that's about it.

EDIT: Oh, we're counting general lids too! Well then add various Ultimate discs and 235 molds in there (Heroes, Praxis etc.)

Well, to be fair the Sonic, Polecat, and Putt'r I listed are marketed as putters. I don't know anyone that would rationalize an Ultimate disc as a putter.

XD and Ion, thats it! I have a super floppy R-Pro Dart for playing catch (and if I don't wanna lose my XD), a beat up old Aviar, and an HPP Magic too but I only use these for putting practice on my basket.

aj

Several Aviars, Magnets, Birdies, Rattlers, Apxs, Challengers, etc...

Favorite: Crystal Z Challenger.

Well, to be fair the Sonic, Polecat, and Putt'r I listed are marketed as putters. I don't know anyone that would rationalize an Ultimate disc as a putter.
Yeah sorry, my bad. I'm kinda tired and read "SuperHero" which would have been a 235 instead of "SuperSonic"...

I have 10 original 86 Softies from 1988 and a Ching Aviar from 1998. The 86s are my go to putters, the Ching Aviar is for wind, cold and stability.

in my house there is

a bunch of Ringers
a single Magnet
a couple of 150 Aviars
a 150 Rhyno
a Super Puppy
a bunch of Challengers in Cryz Flx and Pro D

but in my bag there is the following

1 Cryz Flx Challenger
2 Bar Stamp Pro D Challengers

I have 10 original 86 Softies from 1988 and a Ching Aviar from 1998. The 86s are my go to putters, the Ching Aviar is for wind, cold and stability.

I don't throw my 86 Softie anymore. Its been repurposed:p