• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] How Many Putters Do You Carry?

How Many Putters Do You Carry?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 5 3.5%

Votes: 6 4.2%

Votes: 26 18.1%

Votes: 39 27.1%

Votes: 38 26.4%

Votes: 17 11.8%

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • More than 7

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The large number putter bags just make me scratch my head. I mean, besides the space they take up, there's no way I'd find a use for them on the courses I play. Hell, any course I've ever played.

Lots of short holes in Los Angeles. I'd rather throw a putter hard, than back off a mid.

Lots of short holes in Los Angeles. I'd rather throw a putter hard, than back off a mid.

This is true in the Atlanta area too. We have long holes, but you can use a putter well here.

I'd much rather throw every disc hard with similar form than try to change anything to dial it down.

Another Innova heavy user here and I am sure it is just the way I feel about it but I feel I get different uses out of each discs.

1 x Champion Avair
1 x Dart (DX I think, has a big picture!)
1 x Champion Rhyno
1 x Westside Shield

The large number putter bags just make me scratch my head. I mean, besides the space they take up, there's no way I'd find a use for them on the courses I play. Hell, any course I've ever played.
When I had a regular bag, I had space for four putters and kept it at four. Now I have a cart. I can carry a Feldberg-sized array of discs. If I don't, they bounce around, fall over and fall out of the cart. So now I've got all sorts of stuff I might throw once every three weeks floating around in my cart that would never have made the cut before. So now I use one putter for driving and one putter for putting when before I would have just used the same disc. That makes me carry four Warlocks instead of two. It gives me space to carry a lid all of the time where before maybe I would or maybe I wouldn't.

Putters are not as bad as mids. I just realized I have a Buzzz SS in the cart. It's been there all summer. It was just taking up space, I never threw it once.

2 Classic Blend Judges. One is really beat up and used for upshots and sometimes off the tee. The other Judge is for longer putts, or putting in the wind.

1 Classic Blend Warden for most putts.

As many as I can when I am goofing around. I love all types different types of upshots and seeing how many different ways I can park it (since I'm lame and never close enough for birdie on longer holes). For competitive play, I typically carry 5 putters and Stego. Putting putter, jump putter, US thrower, OS thrower and a Berg and Stego both for flick approaches. If there is water on the course or any chance of loosing my main putting putter, I would carry two of them.