• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

how many rounds did you play in 2011?

as of 12/29/11

Played rounds 376, 377, and 378 today.
Probably one round tomorrow, and two+ on Saturday.

I just got back into playing again about 6 months ago after about 10 years off. I easily played over 100 rounds and my first sanctioned event will be 31 Dec 11.

2011 rounds

Well I joined the site in May, so from May 26th through the end of the year I will have played 54 rounds. Next year I hope to break 100 for the year, meaning i will play at least 2 rounds per week!
Looking forward to a funfilled 2012.
Cool thread.:thmbup:

A LOT

Played 240 recorded rounds (probably over 260 due to the local private course not being available on the score book)

4 PDGAs and lord knows how many other tourneys(monthlies, Glow, and am league)

Played new 40 courses and I started playing the sport in March of 2011, so this year I'll have 2 more months to add to the total.

And I'm gonna probably play at least 18 holes tomorrow, Friday and Saturday.

224 rounds in the scorebook, plus about 25-30 doubles rounds not recorded. Going out right now so add one more to that total.

A good year for sure! :)

Some number greater than one and less than infinity.

My guesstimate is somewhere in the neighborhood of 250ish. Would've been more but a lot of real life type stuffs happened in July and August that really cut into that total. :\

I'd say 100 or so single rounds... No telling how many doubles rounds which I don't keep track of. One Tourney.

There's no way I can give an honest, exact answer, but I'd have to say at least 200. My goal next year is to cut down actual rounds played and do more field work.

wow. I recorded 379 rounds in the Scorebook in 2011. And that's easily 150 short of the rounds I've played. Only one sanctioned tourney. A couple Ice Bowls. Played the Great 8, 144 holes at 8 courses in a day. Local monthlys every month and I ran the weekly tag toss.

2011 was a good disc golfing year for me.
I've played all year with four discs and it's been a great experience. Carrying a bag of different discs again on Sunday's gonna be like Christmas.

I always have to preface this for the sticklers who want to hate on me . . .because I often times play two discs at the same time all the way through the hole (so my scores are affected and so is the wear and tear on my body. . . but I have played 447 rounds in 2011 . . . add in 5-8 more over the next few days and that is a record year for me. Holes played in 2011 under the same scenario is equal to 6968 . . . add in another 100-150 holes over the next few days and I am looking at averaging 19+ holes per day for the entire year of 2011. I am only disappointed in two things when I look at this . . . I was not able to raise my average over the three years of playing the game to 18 holes per day (just a couple hundred holes short of my goal) . . . and that my game has stalled (or regressed even) in 2011, because my rating was 915 going into last winter and it is 907 right now.

300 right on the nose.

41 new courses.

7 new states.

2 sanctioned tourneys.

3 unsanctioned.

Harr0140, the biggest jump in most players game comes when they start spending more time at the practice basket and doing fieldwork than playing rounds on the course. Just a tip if your rating is important to you. (It isn't to everyone.)

:(

and a half (actually a third).

:(

And a crap load of field work, and a good deal of safari, and a few days of putting practice since I got my Mach Lite.

Approximately 175-200 rounds. Best of all, my cross-country road trip allowed me to add 16 courses in 13 states!

Harr0140, the biggest jump in most players game comes when they start spending more time at the practice basket and doing fieldwork than playing rounds on the course. Just a tip if your rating is important to you. (It isn't to everyone.)

Truthfully . . at this point rating isn't as important as getting out and playing a ton of courses, and just as important just simply playing a lot. I am enjoying seeing different designs and different ideas as I am trying to break into course design . . . I know I could pick up a couple strokes in putting and I know if I could learn to throw a hyzer I could pick up a couple strokes, and if i could add 30-40' to my drives I could get another couple strokes . . .but truthfully I am ok if I say a 900-920 rated player as I approach 40 years old. I want to be better but I am accepting that I may not improve much in the coming years.

I appreciate the comment though . . . and if decide my rating is more important, your suggestion certainly makes sense . .. I just am not that willing to "Work" on my game as much as others. I want to continue to have fun and once it becomes work i am not sure i will enjoy it
as much.

I logged 185 rounds in 2011. 73 of them were on 9 hole courses. I played in 1 food drive/ice bowl, 1 doubles round, 2 rounds in a tournament, and 4 rounds were in a tournament on a 9 hole course. I also played in 1 ace race, but that doesn't count on my round total. I played 61 new courses, 1 in Missouri, 2 in Texas, 11 in Oklahoma, and 47 in Kansas. I hope to log some more courses(5 in Oklahoma) and some more rounds by the end of this year.

I may have said it to you before, not sure, but ratings aren't important to me very much. It's all how you conduct yourself on the course. My PDGA membership expires after Saturday. I'm sure I'll renew when I get the dough. However, like I've always said and always will say.....I'm just a guy who likes to throw some plastic!

Latest posts