• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many US states have you played? What’s your next state to cross off?

DiscusZach

This thread is for all the course baggers and wanderlusts out there. List all the US states that you've played disc golf, and then follow that up with the next state(s) You plan to cross off Your states list.

Minnesota (home state) 60 courses
Iowa - 4
Washington - 2
Montana - 1
Wisconsin - 1

Next state… either Texas or one of the Dakotas! How about You?

Arizona - 1
California - 10
Colorado - 24
Georgia - 7
Idaho (new home state) - 89
Montana - 7
Nevada - 1
Oregon - 58
South Carolina - 4
Utah - 47
Washington (old home state) - 117
Wyoming - 3

Next states are New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas which I will get right after Christmas. In 2024 I'm hoping to get to Minnesota, Wisconsin, and all of the flat states between there and here (Idaho).

Nice thread.

Wisconsin (home state) - 369
Colorado - 22
Georgia - 4
Illinois - 139
Indiana - 12
Iowa - 47
Kansas - 7
Kentucky - 6
Maryland - 2
Michigan - 45
Minnesota - 128
Missouri - 41
Montana - 9
Nebraska - 10
North Carolina - 27
North Dakota - 17
Ohio - 11
Pennsylvania - 9
South Carolina - 12
South Dakota - 23
Tennessee - 7
Virginia - 4
West Virginia - 9
Wyoming - 3

Next up is Oregon and Washington I'm thinking.

Nice thread.

Wisconsin (home state) - 369
Colorado - 22
Georgia - 4
Illinois - 139
Indiana - 12
Iowa - 47
Kansas - 7
Kentucky - 6
Maryland - 2
Michigan - 45
Minnesota - 128
Missouri - 41
Montana - 9
Nebraska - 10
North Carolina - 27
North Dakota - 17
Ohio - 11
Pennsylvania - 9
South Carolina - 12
South Dakota - 23
Tennessee - 7
Virginia - 4
West Virginia - 9
Wyoming - 3

Next up is Oregon and Washington I'm thinking.
Thank you, that means a lot coming from someone as well traveled and reviewed as yourself! Admittedly, I seen similar threads posted by You right after I posted this🙃

Ooooh, you've played a lot in MN! What's your favorite MN course? Or at least, fav course that's not "mainstream" within MN?

Arizona - 1
California - 10
Colorado - 24
Georgia - 7
Idaho (new home state) - 89
Montana - 7
Nevada - 1
Oregon - 58
South Carolina - 4
Utah - 47
Washington (old home state) - 117
Wyoming - 3

Next states are New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas which I will get right after Christmas. In 2024 I'm hoping to get to Minnesota, Wisconsin, and all of the flat states between there and here (Idaho).
Ooooh! So many well traveled individuals on this thread already. 1 Arizona course?… be honest… was it Fountain Hills🤪

HMU if you make it out to Minnesota this year 🙂

Thank you, that means a lot coming from someone as well traveled and reviewed as yourself! Admittedly, I seen similar threads posted by You right after I posted this🙃

Ooooh, you've played a lot in MN! What's your favorite MN course? Or at least, fav course that's not "mainstream" within MN?

That's a great question and I don't know if I really have one. So I'll name some that stand out.

Chain's Edge (3 courses onsite) is a highlight.
Judson Mine
Bethel University
Clearwater/Pleasant Lake
Cedar Creek (another 3 course setup)
Hidden Lake
Oak Island
Side lake
Springvale DGC

Those are ones that jump out and aren't really mainstream ala BRP the Preserve. There's lots of great courses over your way.

P.S. Excellent reviews recently

impressive GIF

Ooooh! So many well traveled individuals on this thread already. 1 Arizona course?… be honest… was it Fountain Hills🤪

Nope it's some crappy course in the desert you've never heard of (A.V. Anderson Park). My Brother in law/sister had a duty station in Sierra Vista (They're army) and I played it when I came and visited.

HMU if you make it out to Minnesota this year 🙂

Will do man! At this point we need to start a DGCR meet up in Minnesota with all of the people telling me they want to play a round there with me. You guys are the greatest, I'm very grateful to have met and continue to meet members from DGCR who are some of the coolest people I've met.

Will do man! At this point we need to start a DGCR meet up in Minnesota with all of the people telling me they want to play a round there with me. You guys are the greatest, I'm very grateful to have met and continue to meet members from DGCR who are some of the coolest people I've met.

I'm down. You start a thread for it. I can assure you me and Mrs. wolf will be there. We can force playrecords and elmex to also. They're local so there's no excuse.

Played in all 50 states finishing up with the 6 New England states in Sep 2019 but it did take 30 years. Designed or consulted on course improvements in 25 states.

I want to head back to Kauai to make playing Lydgate more "official". Did the original design and was able to "play it" without baskets. That full design didn't get installed, just partly. A course in that park was eventually installed several years later, and the layout does include several of the holes we designed.

Arrange that DGCR trek to Minnesota and maybe I'll be able to join in for some designer perspective, even on courses I didn't develop.

Official DGCR count is 49 "states" played, including Washington, DC and British Columbia, Canada.

In the lower 48, I hope to hit Utah and/or Nevada next year.

Hawaii is the only other US state I am missing, but bagging that state may not happen for a while (if ever).

Chain's Edge (3 courses onsite) is a highlight.
Judson Mine
Bethel University
Clearwater/Pleasant Lake
Cedar Creek (another 3 course setup)
Hidden Lake
Oak Island
Side lake
Springvale DGC

Those are ones that jump out and aren't really mainstream ala BRP the Preserve. There's lots of great courses over your way.

P.S. Excellent reviews recently

impressive GIF

Good selection of courses! I feel spoiled to have lived in Albert Lea with 3-18 hole courses (RIP Riverland) in all in one city. Oak Island is one beast of a track.

I played Side Lake for the first time, and it made me fall in love with Iron Range disc golf. I feel bad for not staying longer and exploring Judson Mine.

Re reviews, thank you! It's been a nice exercise writing down my experiences. I just feel bad that I'm reviewing some of these well past playing them lol. It makes me look more active on the course than I am currently!😂

24 states officially
AL 9
AR 31
CO 7
GA 2
ID 17 [in laws]
IL 10
IN 5
IA 6
KS 4
KY 16
LA 4
MD 1
MS 32
MO 8
NJ 1
NC 1
OK 2
PA 1
SC 1
TN 60 [home state, but sw corner, near MS & AR]
TX 17
UT 1
VA 1
WVA 1
I tried to play in Kearney Cottonmill, Nebraska in knee deep snow. After 3 holes was getting wet, with snow melt and sweat, hot up top and cold below knees, and tired. Looked for 4th tee, seemed to be across a small arm of water on map, which just looked like snow. no idea where shores were, how far to walk to clear the end of the water, so saw no way to finish. went back beaten. I don't claim to have bagged Kearney, but i do say i have played dg in Nebraska! That would be 25

We're planning a NY trip this spring. I wanted to get NY in Oct when I played the states i have up that way, but wasn't able then. Ohio is also on my radar. A hole in map of states played in.
I lived in FL 4 yrs before i played dg, want to get there too.

Last edited:
Official DGCR count is 49 "states" played, including Washington, DC and British Columbia, Canada.

In the lower 48, I hope to hit Utah and/or Nevada next year.

Hawaii is the only other US state I am missing, but bagging that state may not happen for a while (if ever).
HMU bro, I'm the self professed king of Utah for DGCR at this point. :D

I'm down. You start a thread for it. I can assure you me and Mrs. wolf will be there. We can force playrecords and elmex to also. They're local so there's no excuse.
Done.

California - 10
Georgia - 1
Illannoy - 132 (home state)
Indiana - 15
Iowa - 2
Kentucky - 5
Massachusetts - 1
Michigan - 16
Mississippi - 1
Missouri - 4
Nevada - 2
New Jersey - 1
New York - 1
Ohio - 3
Rhode Island - 1
Wisconsin - 12

Decent chance I get Tennessee over the holidays. Visiting my sister in southern Illinois and that puts us fairly close to my aunt and uncle in central Tennessee.

HMU bro, I'm the self professed king of Utah for DGCR at this point. :D

Sounds good! We will be headed to Oregon so it might just be a course or two around SLC.

But if Mrs. Mono decides to meet up with friends in SLC I may have more bagging time . . .

Ok, I will play this game :D

Only 34 States played
Alabama - 2
Arkansas - 154
Arizona - 7
California - 4
Colorado - 3
Connecticut - 1
Florida - 2
Georgia - 3
Hawaii -1
Iowa - 3
Illinois - 7
Indianapolis - 4
Kansas - 286
Kentucky - 7
Louisiana - 67
Massachusetts - 1
Maine - 1
Michigan - 4
Minnesota - 1
Missouri - 83
Mississippi - 29
Nebraska - 16
New Jersey -1
New Mexico - 10
Nevada - 13
New York -2
Ohio - 1
Oklahoma - 235
Pennsylvania - 1
South Dakota - 3
Tennessee - 58
Texas - 678
Vermont -1
Wisconsin 4

Bonus
Bahamas - 2

As far as next state? not sure. No plans at the moment. I got SD, MN and IA added this year on one trip.

Oh, I should have mentioned. I have been to all 50 states. I really wish I had taken some discs with me when I went to Alaska. There was a course in Juno I could have tried to hit. That was over 15 years ago.

I have played in all 50. In Sept of '22 I played in Rhode Island, which was my 50th, and posted about it another thread. It happened over the course of 20 years.

My wife and I long had a goal of visiting all 50 states, but it didn't occur to me to be sure to play in each state until a friend who is on here asked me (about 10 years ago) if I was trying to play in all 50. Then he pointed out to me that I had played in 34. After that, I made sure to play in each state we visited and planned a couple of swings through states we had already visited, but I had not played in. As a consequence, my last two states to check off were Louisiana and Rhode Island. :)