• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How much do you like your disc(s)?

How long have you spent searching for a disc?

• Total voters
I've never left one behind unless it's under water. Generally doesn't takes less than 20 minutes.

One time I had to go back the next day because of darkness. Went into a local pond after 3 discs I'd drown. Pulled only one of mine but got over a dozen others, so overall I've found more than I've lost.

It's the principle not the love of a disc or cost.

I have only ever lost one disc permanently. I always look until I find it. The one I lost for good I looked I would say a total of three hours over three or four days. I imagine someone picked it up and kept it. It was only a DX ArchAngel, so it was no great loss.

It really all depends. If it's only an $8 DX disc that's easily replaced..I won't look for that long. 15 minutes maybe. However, if it's something I have to have in my bag, I usually won't go without it, unless it's in the drink of course.

I throw a mix of OOP and regularly produced discs and I try not o leave any disc behind. I've lost well seasoned rocs twice at Sedgley Woods and it took me months to get another roc back into that same stage of wear...I looked for both rocs for well over 1 1/2 and had to give up the fight due to my playing partners losing their minds...I will search forever for something that is OOP and rather expensive like my Champ rocs....or my dyed GL River...but if I lose an Ion or something like that I know I can get one with the click of a mouse.

I spent over 45 minutes searching for a new Archon I was getting attached to that disappeared in the snow. I had to abandon it to get to work on time, and came back the next morning. It had been a warm day and night, so when I came back, it was sitting off the side of the fairway in plain sight. I also wedged myself about 15ft. into a 3ft. diameter drain pipe to retrieve my old sun stamped yellow/orange Banshee. Twice.

I've spent hours looking for my favorite disc. couldn't find it and came back the next two days looking for it for about half hour each. never got it but found some poison ivy all over my legs. Ive also jumped in ponds to find my discs as well.

Geez I really must not care as much as you guys. I generally dont loose discs unless I throw some stupid bomb over water or something. That being said if I was to loose a disc I look for a couple of minutes and take the walk of shame back to the pad. It kinda comes with the territory. Ive found the longer I look for that prized old CE/Proline Leopard the more it pisses me off and screws the rest of my day. When I started playing sure I lost tons more than I could imagine loosing now even the first couple of ace discs I had BUT owell. Its plastic and their is TONS of it out there. Stock up and get OVER IT!

i spent 45 minutes in a pond when it was 40 degrees outside looking for my favorite GL River. Didn't find it (found 6 other discs; all returned or given to noobs, mind you) and only gave up because I was getting dizzy and couldn't breathe. Not the smartest idea.

Most of you are way more committed to your plastic than I am, I would not likely spend more than 5 minutes looking for a disc. My time is worth much more to me than that! I can buy another disc, but if I waste 30 minutes looking for one I cannot buy that time back.

It depends both on how much I like it and whether its in that perfect stage of beat in. I have a champ teebird that now turns over just perfect, even on lighter throws that would kill me if I lost. It took a while (and a lot of trees) to get it to that point. Where if I lost my new teebird, I'd take about 10-15, but no more.

I've only been playing two years and find myself progressing to the point where I'm only going to buy the molds I like best and have multiple copies of each. New ones fly like new ones, so if I lost it, I wouldn't feel so bad. It's the old ones in that sweet spot that mean the most. I'd freak if I lost my roller disc, too.

I spent 45 minutes looking for a Brand New Star Katana last year. Wasn't about to leave it behind. Generally, I'll spend 20 minutes. If I don't find it I usually play through and come back and start looking again and I almost always end up finding it.

Latest posts