• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How Normal are Diamond TRs?

Summit Rules:
-No fairways wider than 10'
-250'+ is effectively a par 4
-Don't ask what makes the creek smell like that

I'm intrigued... by the fairways widths. wishlisted it. my pinball tolerance is pretty high.

^That's probably true for 2/3s of the holes. There are a few mostly open holes on the edge of the forest and along the creek.

I haven't been back to Summit in at least a decade (even though it's been the 2nd closest course to my house for the past 4 years), so my recollection might not be completely accurate.

Hit me up, that's the closest 18 to my house. I love showing people around that course especially. :clap:
...I feel sorry for you. Lol!

It was an interesting experience. ;)

It's like drinking Malort for the first time. :)

I dont mind malort, it's pretty much the only thing that gets me to drink these days. Every time Malort is involved, it becomes a special occasion.

Coincidentally, I have drank Malort at The Canyons! Juke and I passed a random group walking to 17 who offered us a taste. Good times!

Summit is wishlisted. I'm a glutton for punishment. And I play as much crap as I can when in Chicago.

Also I thought notapro spelled Merlot wrong or something, then everyone was spelling it wrong so I had to google it. Or get on that Merlot buzz.

Lastly, I've played Canyons once. Loved it. I don't recall any navigation issues really. It'd be amazing if there was a bridge over to the lettered holes, which were excellent ones. There's some filler, get you to the next hole, holes I guess. That place is damn fun though. Fairfield was really good too. In the woods. The prairie stuff just isn't my thing, although it was well done as far as prairie stuff goes. The Canyons just felt like a more complete, consistant level of enjoyment.

Malort sounds grotesque.

That is all for now :)

The Canyons will always be a special place for me. I grew up near there and the park that the course sits in is sacred ground for me and my buddies. Sure we had West Park, Shorewood and New Lenox for disc golfing in the late seventies and early eighties but I always thought that Dellwood would be an ideal spot for a course. Never ever thought it would happen. Sometimes dreams do come true!

Latest posts