• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] How overstable is a FAF 2021 Sexton Firebird?

JonathanZ

Just received a 2021 Sexton Firebird that is FAF, as in the flattest Firebird I've ever owned out of the 13 I have + the 1 that was stolen, and I look for flat Firebirds. Not ready to throw it yet, but wondering how it should compare to a FAF Star Firebird. I know the Sexton Firebirds aren't normally as overstable as Star or Champion Firebirds, but is that just because they have more dome or is there something else that makes it less overstable? If it's just because of the dome, then this one should be crazy overstable.

In general, the color glow plastic is less overstable. There are always exceptions though.

why are you asking us

how about you throw it and report back

we dont know how os your disc is

Thanks, jerk...now get the hell out of my thread if you are going to respond like that. I do not want to throw it yet, which I said, and in general, my super flat Star Firebirds are more OS than the ones with some dome.

Do a search on PLH. PLH is king. Not every disc is going to be the same, not even from the same run "sexton 2021 FB". We simply don't know what you have currently, so we can't tell you how it will fly compared to what you have.

If PLH is the same just expect a little more LSS with a domier disc (more glide/time for the disc to fade). I think that is what Elm is saying.

Thanks, jerk...now get the hell out of my thread if you are going to respond like that. I do not want to throw it yet, which I said, and in general, my super flat Star Firebirds are more OS than the ones with some dome.

no need to name call

but once again how are we going to know how your exact disc flies

thats great if some are flat or some have dome but that doesnt indicate stability

circles

In general, the word is the 2021 Sextons are not quite as stable as previous years. In terms of how overstable your disc is... None of us will know because every disc is different. Also, compared to what, and what is your arm speed like?
I wouldn't say Sextons are generally less stable than Star. Maybe Champion. Dome/flatness doesn't necessarily determine stability. PLH will definitely be more of factor, but also not everything.

Agree with what's been said. Drivers, look at the PLH. Dome could have some indication of stability relative to others, but it's not a catch all. Compare to one of your flat star FBs. Couple buddies threw the 21s, and agreed they are a straighter (reads: less OS) FB.

But also, discs are made to be thrown!

If it is anything like the Color Glow Drew Gibson Scepters (these are just flat top firebirds) it will be pretty overstable. More so than most Sexton Firebirds. However, this can vary greatly by disc and the best way to find out is to get out in a field and test it against other discs.

I remember buying a DX Ape back in the day, expecting stability at the outset which might beat into something other than the meathook my Champ Ape was.

It was an out of the box roller, because, while it was somewhat domey, it had 0 PLH. Learned about that then.

My 2021 'bird has some dome, so I can't help ya.

Hey people,

Please tell me how my new disc flies.

I'm the one throwing it, you have nothing to compare it to and we all throw differently.

Helpful information is helpful.

Everything else isn't.

Thanks.

I will say I got a couple sextons from the original drop and a couple from the latest. The originals are pretty mellow but this latest drop are much more normal firebird like. Good combo for me.

The blend of plastic also affects stability, in addition to the dome and PLH. I guarantee its not as OS as a regular FAF champ firebird.

Wow the Sexton 2021 was 45€ here in Sweden, a normal Champ Firebird is 16€ . . thats a LARGE premium.

You come here asking questions like reddit and get a response like reddit and youre pissed about it?

Everyone here is right that YOU need to test it to know how it flies for YOU. And too further state the community here is right, PLH is king.

Also, FAF isnt flat as ****. It's flat and firm. I don't think any color glow champ can be true FAF.

Incorrect, FAF does refer to Flat as F**K. Thats how the term was initially created and has stuck ever since. Some say it means flat and firm but that term came out after Flat as F**K.

I might be wrong but thats what ive read a lot on this site.

Latest posts