• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] How overstable is a FAF 2021 Sexton Firebird?

I was ready to write a whole dissertation about FAF Firebirds, how they are the only real Firebirds and Sextons are just overpriced inferior discs, but short answer; Yeah, domey ones aren't usually as OS.

Also, there hasn't been an FAF run since 2017(and only one),so all the new players who think they have one probably don't.

I might be wrong but thats what ive read a lot on this site.

Not trying to blast you but he's right. F#2 stands for **** and it was a slang term well before it became popularized.

If you are looking for a FAF Sexton Firebird, you are missing the point of the Sexton Firebird. They are meant to be less OS than a FAF Firebird, hence more useful for a wide variety of shots. Reliable finish for 250-350 foot shots, esp. forehands.

That's what a Sexton Firebird is all about Charlie Brown.

I was ready to write a whole dissertation about FAF Firebirds, how they are the only real Firebirds and Sextons are just overpriced inferior discs, but short answer; Yeah, domey ones aren't usually as OS.

Also, there hasn't been an FAF run since 2017(and only one),so all the new players who think they have one probably don't.

I think there are some freaky oddballs out there. It's Innova, it's plastic. Ricky was throwing an Orange gummier "FAF" Firebird earlier in the year where he wanted a stickier finish.

If you can pick through a few hundred discs I'm sure you will find a few oddballs, I know I've received my fair share. (Not just from Innova of course).

Just look at Destroyers over the years, everything under the sun. From concave wings to convex (yes I have two of those). Flat to super domey. Destrulcans. High PLH, Low PLH and everything in between.

I think there are some freaky oddballs out there. It's Innova, it's plastic. Ricky was throwing an Orange gummier "FAF" Firebird earlier in the year where he wanted a stickier finish.

If you can pick through a few hundred discs I'm sure you will find a few oddballs, I know I've received my fair share. (Not just from Innova of course).

Just look at Destroyers over the years, everything under the sun. From concave wings to convex (yes I have two of those). Flat to super domey. Destrulcans. High PLH, Low PLH and everything in between.

To a degree that's true, but Firebirds tend to mold up the same way within runs. More so than other discs produced in similarly large numbers.

I just see a ton of new players being like, "look at my Firebird! It's so flat!" And it's got a ton of shoulder or even some dome.

To a degree that's true, but Firebirds tend to mold up the same way within runs. More so than other discs produced in similarly large numbers.

I just see a ton of new players being like, "look at my Firebird! It's so flat!" And it's got a ton of shoulder or even some dome.

Well sure, newbies might not know what flat is if they have never seen it.

Well sure, newbies might not know what flat is if they have never seen it.

I'm just salty about it and need to back off a bit. People like what they like, and that's cool, I just miss the version I like being available/people understanding what I mean.

First signs of getting old I guess.

Flattest Firebird I've ever seen is a Star from when I first started, which I think was around 2013-2014. It's like a different disc compared to any other Firebird I've ever thrown- including some Champs that people claimed were "FAF." Also had/have a couple other Star Firebirds around the same age that were/are normal Star Firebirds...

I've never seen a new firebird that wasn't a total meathook, capable of flexing out from the steepest anhyzer. And I don't think they exist.

I'm just salty about it and need to back off a bit. People like what they like, and that's cool, I just miss the version I like being available/people understanding what I mean.

I've never seen a new firebird that wasn't a total meathook, capable of flexing out from the steepest anhyzer. And I don't think they exist.

TBH even a domey regular FB is plenty overstable for the fast majority of folks. But the "actual" FAF (flat as f****, not firm and flat:| ) run from 2013ish was something else. My favorite memories of trying to find a use for those were trying to put down FH and rollers and it would flex so quickly that it would land flat instead of on edge.

I did this about 12 years ago with flat top Rocs; 90% of what people call flat top Rocs now are not flat top Rocs. Except they are; the definition changed so now all that stuff IS what people are talking about when they say flat top Roc. So now they are right and I am wrong, even though I'm right. :\

You learn to let it go.

It's like the title of the thread. Does a board flat Sexton really exist. One mans flat could be another mans shallow dome. Lots of flattish discs will still have a little dome, just put it upside down on a counter and see.

Latest posts