• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] How rare is it???? I never seen one!

I think the allure of the 4 chain has to do with the stiffness of the plastic, so I think the soft 4 chains are less desirable in general

i agree. in my experience, the older soft 4 chains are a bit floppier for the most part when new, compared to the newer runs of soft magnets over the last few years. i've found some runs of newer 'soft' magnets that are a lot firmer and have the awesome grip but the firmness of the old 4 chains that people love. you just have to hunt for them. most of the newer pro d i've seen is too brickish. feels almost like kc but without the durability.

In his bio he makes a comment about changing his Magnets with the season using regular Pro D in the summer and softs in the winter.

i tried that for the first time this winter and on the whole have enjoyed the results. the weather here in MD is pretty mild compared to much of the country but for a few months of the year there is a noticeable difference. i've been using an omega ss to good effect in place of my regular (firmer) dx aviar. i want to try some r-pro aviars for this purpose, but recently got the 2 omegas for 4 bucks a piece in a lot so i had to try them.

Latest posts