• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How to contact UDisc?

When a course has an ambassador, they are pretty much in charge of the layouts. In the old system anybody could create layouts, pin positions, or change par. (Par is the one that pushed me into the role).

I haven't tested the theory, but I think that it is much more controlled now.
You can still add "classic layouts."

To some extent I think they wanted to eliminate people creating Safari layouts which could really confuse players. But there may have been some pushback, so now they present the smart layouts first (which come from the Ambassadors, but can be updated by players if pins change) and the classic layouts second. Players can still create classic layouts. At one point they had a note on the website saying that classic layouts would all be removed from the system in (I think) August. But that note is gone, and there are still classic layouts on my local courses.

My understanding of a uDisc course is that there is/are main layouts. These are the 'true' course layouts and the Course Ambassador is responsible for keeping the information on those accurate. (Course Ambassador is basically the admin for that course). But others can create layouts that are unique....like a Bill's Layout. But if you aren't a CA, you can't change/update the main layouts.

This was a somewhat recent change as it used to be anyone could update a course. But the people who maintained the course were complaining to uDisc about unauthorized changes. One course I used to play frequently, someone didn't like that one of the holes was a par 3, so they updated it to a par 4....interestingly enough, I couldn't change it back and had to provide uDisc admins a photo of the tee sign showing it was a par 3 (I'm not in charge of the course). Then it got changed back again. And we (I and the actual person in charge of the course) contacted uDisc about it and asked why non-maintainers/admins could make changes. While I doubt it was due to me.....I was probably one of many who were 'hassling' uDisc about changes being made that didn't match the course. BTW - the Course Ambassador also informed uDisc about the par issue.

Cool. They changed some things, or my reading comprehension was low. SO people can still add safari layouts, but they show up below the Smart Layouts. The way I'm reading the posts above, non-Ambassadors can still modify par's on smart layouts?? It seems like to me that the Ambassador should be the one to modify anything on the Smart Layouts.

Maybe my reading comprehension is still low.

I used the events beta earlier this year and had a couple of bugs, Steve that works for them is great and used to post a lot on here. I think he was onemilemore.

I used the events beta earlier this year and had a couple of bugs, Steve that works for them is great and used to post a lot on here. I think he was onemilemore.
Their support team is great and responsive, from my experience.

When I was first updating the course I'm the Course Ambassador for I got confused between their options to "deactivate" and "retire" a layout, and accidentally clicked the one that perma-deleted our primary short tee layout. They were able to recover the layout in full (including player histories/records) in short order and saved me from myself.

They do what they can to make things work.

(they're also pretty courteous - I wrote an article for their blog, which they paid me for, and when I decided I didn't like working with their editorial team I tried to send back the money and ask them to not use the article I wrote - they responded that they would not take the money back and they seemed to indicate that they were going to go ahead with publishing the article I wrote.... ultimately I never saw the article go up, which to me was a courtesy though I would have rather been able to return what they paid me for the work)

Last edited:

Latest posts