• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How to find discs in the snow?

It's definitely easier with more than one person, when my gf and I play together in the snow we don't have any problem finding discs but if I play alone I spend a lot more time searching.

I found a white star wraith in the snow today. It had a stamp on the back "Property of Marco" with his name phone number, pgdga #, email, ect. I did not think I was entitled to the disc because he was stupid and threw white discs in the snow. I did not think, "cool he gave up, so its mine".
I returned the disc to one of his friends before I left the state. I could have taken it to Maryland and no one would never have known, but that's just a douche move. I am sure Marco will appreciate getting his disc back.
And if you ever read this Marco from Rochester, you owe me a round at Basil Marella.

idk, if someones stupid enough to throw a white disc without some string on it, they almost dont deserve it back.

ive only found one inked disc. it belonged to some douche i knew from middle school, so i kept it and erased his name from the disc.

Gotta have ribbon.I put 30 inches of 1/4 in. red present wraping ribbon on each disc. Flip City leagues tomorrow.Can"t wait.

It's definitely easier with more than one person, when my gf and I play together in the snow we don't have any problem finding dicks but if I play alone I spend a lot more time searching.
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

I found a white star wraith in the snow today. It had a stamp on the back "Property of Marco" with his name phone number, pgdga #, email, ect. I did not think I was entitled to the disc because he was stupid and threw white discs in the snow. I did not think, "cool he gave up, so its mine".
I returned the disc to one of his friends before I left the state. I could have taken it to Maryland and no one would never have known, but that's just a douche move. I am sure Marco will appreciate getting his disc back.
And if you ever read this Marco from Rochester, you owe me a round at Basil Marella.

i never say if there stupid enough to throw this color disc
they should not get it back. all i say is people should find
there discs themselves instead of expecting people to
return them.

i never say if there stupid enough to throw this color disc
they should not get it back. all i say is people should find
there discs themselves instead of expecting people to
return them.

I hope you never find one of my discs.

I use a totally different method. Since the snow here is measured in feet not inches, the ribbon(if it's hyzers out) will get burried. So at the tee I rub a little snow on the top of my disc to get it damp. Then you pour some powdered kool aid(bright color) on the damp top of the disc. When the disc lands in the snow it leaves an obvious trail of color to where it rests. Very inexpensive yet highly effective. Give it a try.

^ that is a great idea... might do that in inches of snow too cause that sounds good for any type of snow ... **** my buddy lost a disc in just 5 inches of snow we kick over a whole area like 10'x10' n couldnt find it ... I know a ribbon would've worked n this instance but kool aid would too n would also work any other time

Ya seriously. What if that disc accidentally fell out of his bag instead of him throwing it in the snow. Show some love for fellow disc golfers.

I bet that is what happened, because the disc was not near a hole. So if he did not know it was missing, he never looked for it or gave up on it.
His 3 friends appreciated that someone returned discs. I'll find out how happy he was later today.

i have tryed the ribbon and my discs keep geting stuck in trees! luckly they have been little trees i can bend down to get my disc out, so far. the ribbon i have been useing is flat mabey a 1/4 inch wide about 2 1/2-3 feet long, am i doing something wrong or does this happen to others?

I have had two discs returned to me and have returned several discs to other people. I have also received phone calls from people who have my disc and i've told them to keep it. You don't have to spend a lot of time trying to track down the owner. Just call and tell them you found their disc and stash it somewhere so they can come back to the course and recover it. It is a real dick move to find a disc with a number on it and not at least call them. I usually give up after about 20 minutes of searching because my time is way too valuable to spend an hour or two looking for a $15 piece of plastic. Chances are if you call they will come and get their disc or tell you to keep it, so either you do a good deed and make someone happy, or you get to add a disc to your collection the right way.
Karma comes around. Keeping numbered discs might not be stealing, but it's definitely not the right thing to do.

If I found one of KATANA'S discs i'd give it to a beginner or throw it off the side of a mountain, but according to his profile he hasn't played any courses, so probably doesn't own any discs.

I use a totally different method. Since the snow here is measured in feet not inches, the ribbon(if it's hyzers out) will get burried. So at the tee I rub a little snow on the top of my disc to get it damp. Then you pour some powdered kool aid(bright color) on the damp top of the disc. When the disc lands in the snow it leaves an obvious trail of color to where it rests. Very inexpensive yet highly effective. Give it a try.

This is a top notch idea. When I go out to play some snow golf this year, I need to make sure to bring some kool-aid.:thmbup:

Will Kool Aid stain a disc?