• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How to spin dye thin clean lines?

D-ReK

I'm having a hard, very unsuccessful time trying to spin dye thin, clean lines on my discs. I'm using idye poly mixed in mason jars with a couple drops of dish detergent, which works fine for my other dyes.

I've tried a record player and lazy Susan at different speeds, as well as tried cutting the dye with shaving cream to reduce drips. Precision q-tips aren't completing a full spin, and using syringes prevents clean lines.

It seems every time I have to wipe it clean and start over

Any suggestions?

just tried a few sizes of brushes, they work much better than q-tips, but I still had to use shaving cream to thicken up my dye because it was too watery to hold the circular lines. What ratio are you using for dye to acetone? Any water? Should I just buy all new dye packages and mix them with straight acetone?

I'm not a spin expert, but I use detergent.

Just staight detergent and dye mix, no water. Maybe a drop of acetone to thin it out.

been using the idlepoly liquid, but only works if I heat it...I have mason jars full of this stuff and was wondering if anyone has dumped the power form into the idlepoly liquid ? thinking of trying this and using a detergent to thickin it and try airbrushing and spin dye. I have tried airbrushing with just the liquid and it does not hold.

I'm having a hard, very unsuccessful time trying to spin dye thin, clean lines on my discs. I'm using idye poly mixed in mason jars with a couple drops of dish detergent, which works fine for my other dyes.

I've tried a record player and lazy Susan at different speeds, as well as tried cutting the dye with shaving cream to reduce drips. Precision q-tips aren't completing a full spin, and using syringes prevents clean lines.

It seems every time I have to wipe it clean and start over

Any suggestions?

try a pinstripping brush, they're made of horsehair and make really fine clean lines

Latest posts