• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How would you thow this hole?

Fairly soft Stingray or Cobra with a a touch of annie (RHBH). Tough shot. An annie putter or Aero might work as well and sit down a little better.

I play that hole by throwing a slow right-turning RHBH with my comet through the right gap. It works pretty well. I've found that this is more consistent than flicking something more stable through the left gap.

Fairly soft Stingray or Cobra with a a touch of annie (RHBH). Tough shot. An annie putter or Aero might work as well and sit down a little better.

Sitting down isn't an issue. The landing zone is pretty flat and there are a bunch of reeds between the basket and the creek. If you hit the spot, there's pretty much no way you're going to roll out of the circle.

I play that hole by throwing a slow right-turning RHBH with my comet through the right gap. It works pretty well. I've found that this is more consistent than flicking something more stable through the left gap.

You beat me to it bro.... I was just gonna say that would use my Z-Comet RHBH.:hfive:

You could always go up to a tree in the parking lot before your round, and start F'ing it. Then when you get to the whole, just throw it at the basket and hope the tree's don't end up f'ing you back. This technique helps with all sorts of hole layouts...Hope this helps.

You can line drive a thumber.

true. if you have really good control you can do that. would people thread that gap with a line drive thumber 150-170ft that needs to sit down, not slide, or be in danger or creek?

I'd throw a Firebird thumber down the left gap and fade in right to the basket.

What about the gap on the left? See blue area in pic below...

picture.php

Either a Voodoo on a big anny (RHBH) or a RHFH something. My FH is is crap, but I could probably get something through. Seems very risky to go throw the hole.

That's how I throw it. I'll finesse a Stratus through that blue box with just a tiny bit of anny. I'm surprised at how many people are mentioning thumbers. Never seen that throw on this hole. The next hole on this course is my favorite and pretty much the exact opposite of this one-- around a 600' left turning bomb off a hill, over the creek, and then running parallel to the creek with water on the left.

52e96879.jpg

Well if I was packing a disc just for this hole...I'd throw my Blowfly II. So that I could sent it in hard to keep it flat and out of the leaves..but it'd flop like a cow turd.

Since I wouldn't have that with me either my Ion or my BuZzz

\/\/

thumber ALL DAY on that hole! thats cake

That was my thought but people who play it say they dont ever see anyone try it. I would like to hear details.

How far from the tee are the trees?

How tall are they?

Anything directly over head?

or maybe just a picture from the tee pointing toward the top of the trees in front. ;)

lol they should come play tennessee courses and they would see a thumber is always an option! hell sometimes i have to throw thumbers completely sideways but im telling ya i could own that hole with a thumber.

I'd be tempted to take my Buzzz straight at it, but this is a nice anny shot with the Coyote, Aviar, or a gentle stingray...
If I decide to go RHFH, I'm either throwing the Reaper, X-Clone, or a Whippet....

I would throw my XL and probably hit the tree on the right, look for my disc grab my MRV hit the shrubs in front of me, shank a Aviar far left, putt three times and give myself a 3 for the hole. lol