• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hucker Magazine Complaint Thread

I love it when the members of DGCR come together to solve a crime. I think it's been a 100% success rate. Unless you count Platbee and trying to figure out who Skye really is.

Unless there was some sort of disclaimer it sounds like this guy is sitting on 300 small claims court cases lol... or class action. Either way this rube better take a loan out to pay people back if he has to.

Let's just hope everyone gets a copy that they ordered....anyone know what Avery has to say about it since he was on the cover?

Well the first issue was supposed to come out way back in March so if no one has stepped to sue yet, I doubt it going to happen.

But if Phillip Murray is currently sitting on a stash of issues and merch, it's pretty ****ed up that he hasn't even attempted to make good with those he has screwed over.

Let's just hope everyone gets a copy that they ordered....anyone know what Avery has to say about it since he was on the cover?

I can Tweet him about it but who knows If he'll respond. I edited his interview so I'm not some Joe Schmoe...just a Joe Blow (assuming Blow Is on step above Schmoe)

Why don't you ask the 100 plus people who played in the Cache Valley Classic that we sponsored with 650 bucks of our own money if we are a scam, you prick?

So 300 subscriptions is what was quoted as being paid for...@$15-$20 per plus $1000 and $250 from other members of this board = $5750 on the low end for a magazine that costs $8000 to make for 1000 copies. Not to mention the discs donated by salient and gateway for Phillip to sell on his website. Looks like he wouldn't have had to go too deep in his pockets.

Where did the 1000 copies end up going if only 300 subscribers got copies (which I know many didn't receive based off the comments I see on facebook)?

LOL @ you stepping up for customer complaints.

sounds like you need a fat dip

f89484b01f3abc56eb5b2d330d44cf07.gif

Local Route talks Hucker Mag!

@ 1:15:

Local Route: Michael, you're an owner/publisher of this magazine, is that right?
Michael Brouphy/UB Disc: Yeah, yeah, that's correct.

That seems to be a bit at odds with:
M. Brouphy/UB Disc Golf said:
When i say i stepped out from having responsibility i mean i literally had nothing to do with with any money in anyway,

^The above quote is from earlier in this thread.

@ 1:55:

Michael Brouphy/UB Disc: ...and that's why I brought Phillip [Murray] in...

More that doesn't quite jive:

@ 6:25...

Local Route: Are you guys planning on reaching out to non-disc golf companies for advertising?
M. Brouphy/UB Disc: Actually, we have been reached out to by non-disc golf companies already...

And again, from earlier in this thread:
M. Brouphy/UB Disc said:
The owner came out of his pocket a large chunk to cover shipping cost and not a single company wanted to advertise making it very hard to make anything happen.

Lol I'd love to be a fly on the wall if some of you file lawsuits. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Latest posts