• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Husky's bag!

Husky22

Well. I've been playing about a year. I can throw up to 400ish but im consistantly in the 300 range (its all my course calls for, only a couple 400+ foot holes, only a few let it rip shots). I read a lot of the bag suggestions on here to see what other people are throwing and what advice people give and all i see is throw t-birds etc etc. no real advice. I've tried throwing mids speed 7 and under etc so thats not the advice im looking for. Im not trying to become an open champ. Im just a pretty decent player that plays to have fun. I want a complete bag, and I'm looking for advice as to what i need/am missing in my bag.

90% BH 10% Tomahawk and Forehand

Drivers:
Z Flick - Utility disc. Forehand, Tomahawks, Thumbers, Hard skips, Big Fades.
Champ Orc(2) Straight with a predictable fade.
Z Surge - Stable Surge holds a straight line really well, can be used for late skips etc.
Star Wraith and ESP Surge - Ones beat ones newish. Hyzer Flips. Long distance Driver. Can push to 380-400 if i hit it right. Really controllable.
Z Crush - Nice S-Curve disc. Very controlled to 325-350.
Star Teebird- Everyone loves them. I don't.
Star Beast - Thrown flat it launches.
2 Champ Valks - 1 newish for nice straight shots, 1 a beat for nice turnover drives. (hold there line very well)
2 Champ Sidewinders - 1 heavy for more stability, 1 beat in for nice hyzer flips and turnovers
1 Star Sidewinder - Flippy, might become a roller if i learn how to throw them better

Mids
Star Roc - Stable
DX Roc - Getting seasoned. Does whatever I want it to.
Z Buzz - A little longer than the roc, but a little less stable and a little less controllable.
Opto Core - Testing this out. Doesnt do anything special, and hurts my finger when it rips off.

Putters

S Magic - MONEY PUTTER. Straightest putter ive ever thrown.
S Wizard - shorter approaches. doesnt get any actual putting work.

I would buy a more understable mid, maybe an opto fuse, you pretty much have the drivers covered, and FWIW, I love teebirds, I dont like star teebirds. I do have a star TL that I'm a big fan of though. If you're not a fan of a teebird, give an eagle a try, it's a totally different disc for me. Like the bag though, got most bases covered as far as I can see, afterall it's what works for you, not anyone else.

Drop the wraith and go with just two surges, there's some overlap there. Also what shot do you use the beast for? There's probably something in your bag that can cover it. Also 2 valks and 3 sidewinders seems like a bit of overkill, especially if two of the SWs are flippy.

Roc and Buzzz? Probably just one will do. Gateway putters rock! Surge and Wraith overlap here. I would drop one and possibly add a TL to the mix.

Latest posts