• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Hyzerbomb Mortar Run Differences

Titan037

AKA dgfanatic7
Lately I have seen the frontline x mortar in a few locals bags I have held one a couple times but never thrown it myself. One guys even aced with one on a flick so at this point I'm intrigued. Looks like the disc is on 1.5, are they're any major differences between 1.3, 1.4, and 1.5? Except for the micro bead on 1.4. I'm wanting a flat beadless frontline x mortar for my bag, just want to know if I should search for 1.3 or the 1.5 is a solid run without issues

I think 1.5 is your best bet for flat. They have the microbead, but I will vouch for it not interfering with FH grip in the slightest.

I use a 1.5 and no issues with grip and it's very flat. Highly recommend just getting any mortar you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question for Recon Mortar baggers - are you A. throwing another OS approach mold for when you need hit and sit B. throwing a frontline-X mortar for when you need hit and sit or C. just throwing that Recon mortar up to the basket knowing that the mold does not skip that much in the first place?

I got the 1.5 Big Jerm Mortar, and I barely notice the bead on it when I throw it.
The disc definitely skips for me, and it has something like a shorter firebird flight behavior. In flight, and with how it can skip.
I can definitely see pairing it with my seasoned dx gator to cover my os disc duties.

I checked mine and it is a 1.2...anybody have any insight on that run? It's FrX and Jared Roan sig.

Question for Recon Mortar baggers - are you A. throwing another OS approach mold for when you need hit and sit B. throwing a frontline-X mortar for when you need hit and sit or C. just throwing that Recon mortar up to the basket knowing that the mold does not skip that much in the first place?

I haven't noticed much skip from the mold in general, mainly in Recon and Swirled Star. That said, I play mostly in a grassy park.

Though I'm not a big fan of G Star, I do have one FrontlineX Mortar that I'll be curious to compare with the other plastic during the winter dead grass season.

As for the microbead, it feels essentially beadless to me, though I do prefer the 1.3 run.

I decided to give the Mortar a try, and have a 1.5 Recon from infinite on the way. I heeded the advice and went with blue for the best chance of a nice flat top.

Are people enjoying the 1.5s?
After reading the big mortar thread and this, it seems as though 1.3 is widely thought of as the best run for the mortar, being totally beadless. Which is interesting because when the 1.3 run first dropped it seemed like there were a lot of skeptics in the OG mortar thread.

When my 1.3 Recon was fresh, It had a bit of skip to it but only when hitting at certain angles. As its beat it it skips less and less so I don't worry about it. The 1.5 Recon plastic seems a lot grippier and flexible than my 1.3s. The 1.5s don't skip much at all.

As for the bead questions. My 1.3's have no bead and the 1.5's have a incredibly small bead that doesn't bother me at all.

Latest posts