• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Hyzerbomb Mortar

I'm not talking about the square (blunt nose) vs. rounded Gator. I'm talking about the steepness of the angle that the underside of the wing goes back. I don't have a beadless Gator to compare it to but I can tell you that the wing on the Mortar does not go back as steeply as it does on any Gator that I have. The wing angle on the Mortar is more like a Cro.

Does anyone know if more vendors will be getting a new run of Mortars I couldn't get myself to pay the shipping when I already have a few Mortars lying around at home.

Got mine today. 2 orange recons, one with a sweet flag stamp ☺

Basically it flies the way I expected. As fast as a justice but the stability of a harp. Knock a few molds out of the bag. Was ranging it perfectly almost immediately, great pitching wedge for me on a forehand throw.

I wonder if Hyzerbomb will ever get its act together and get any of its popular molds into stores. One of the reason I've stayed away mostly from Millennium/Hyzerbomb in recent years is that a lot of their good or popular releases tend to only be available on their own site, and their prices are way too high. I mean you can say the Mortar is expensive because it's a Big Jerm sig, but their new(ish) Sabbot (the old Max mold) also costs $20 for Frontline plastic and isn't available at any other retailers. And paying per disc shipping for every disc in an order is just unnecessarily gouging customers. As much as people on here complain about the shipping at the Innova Factory Store, I wonder that so many seem to have shelled out for these Mortars.

Matt said the shipping per disc was a glitch with the online store. I don't think that's the norm.

This release has been a mini disaster but I think it's an incredibly small operation. Hopefully they iron this stuff out.

Matt said the shipping per disc was a glitch with the online store. I don't think that's the norm.

This release has been a mini disaster but I think it's an incredibly small operation. Hopefully they iron this stuff out.

That sounds like damage control to me. I've shopped on their online store before and it always wanted to change me outrageous shipping prices. If I go on there right now and add 2 discs, it tries to charge me $9 shipping plus $4 sales tax and I live in Oregon where there is no sales tax! If it's a "glitch" then it's ongoing and has been for a long time.

My order for two discs included $8.50 for shipping and tax (tax was listed as $3.78 which is 9.2 percent of the order subtotal). I'm a bit fuzzy on the tax thing too. It's my understanding that the item shipped from Kansas. I live in WA. I believe that the way nexus works is that it does not allow a company based in Kansas and shipping from Kansas to charge a sales tax to non-Kansas customers. $5 shipping for 2 discs is ok, the tax thing really isn't.

Hey, at least I got some Big Jerm Mortars tho...

I'm liking them even tho they'll never kick the Gator out of my bag and I'm not thinking my Verdicts/Bards are really all that concerned either.

the newest Gators seem to be rounded nose. not as blunt as the older star runs. I like the newer ones better for backhand though. I don't fh enough to torque the bajeezus out of it.

That sounds like damage control to me. I've shopped on their online store before and it always wanted to change me outrageous shipping prices. If I go on there right now and add 2 discs, it tries to charge me $9 shipping plus $4 sales tax and I live in Oregon where there is no sales tax! If it's a "glitch" then it's ongoing and has been for a long time.

Idk

That does kinda suck if it's still happening.

Got my first throws in with my Mortars today. So far so good, the Recon plastic might be a possible Zone replacement. The Frontline-X is less stable and more workable, which is great. I think the Frontline-X may take a permanent spot in my bag as my overstable "mid" slot. Since it's less stable, I can work it on more lines and get more distance out of it.

The Recon is very overstable. Definitely gets more distance than my Zones, but has just as much LSS. Feels great in the hand, and works great as a forehand approach disc. Can't wait to get some more throws in with them!

I'm not talking about the square (blunt nose) vs. rounded Gator. I'm talking about the steepness of the angle that the underside of the wing goes back. I don't have a beadless Gator to compare it to but I can tell you that the wing on the Mortar does not go back as steeply as it does on any Gator that I have. The wing angle on the Mortar is more like a Cro.

ok, so im going to have to retract my statement before about it being the beadless gator mold still. apparently ,they changed the mortar mold at some point. i dont know when because i dont throw them ,only have thrown the older versions which in fact are beadless gators.

i got a round in this weekend with some friends and one of them had a new recon mortar. as soon as i looked at it,i realized it was not the original mold it was. its not even similar to the beadless gator. its more convex in the wing,has NO bead and has a round nose. so im not even sure what mold it could be. my friend even had an older mortar from the original mold which is the beadless gator. neither look the same but both fly similar.

i also hear,matt siri has avoided answering the question if it is a new mold or what mold it is. either way, the new molds are definitely different than the original mortars. i just couldnt tell from your pic as much as i could in my hands. still a great mold,just not what i expected lol

ok, so im going to have to retract my statement before about it being the beadless gator mold still. apparently ,they changed the mortar mold at some point. i dont know when because i dont throw them ,only have thrown the older versions which in fact are beadless gators.

That's the first thing I noticed too - it didn't look anything like a gator. Maybe the top is a gator but the lower wing is definitely not. Just a technicality - I think the feel of the disc is quite comfortable forehand and backhand, and it flies as well as I could have hoped for.

Latest posts