• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] hyzerbomb recon mortars now available.

Love the contrast with snow

20131220_120330.jpg

My buddy has a Mortar not sure of the plastic and it is almost idential flight path to a gator. I just got a star gator i find that my gator is just a little more stable than the mortar.

My buddy has a Mortar not sure of the plastic and it is almost idential flight path to a gator. I just got a star gator i find that my gator is just a little more stable than the mortar.

yes it should be a bit more stable than the mortar. mortar is essentially a beadless gator. great comfortable disc

What are the lowest weights these are being run? Any 150's out there?

Received mine today! I'll post up some pics in a bit. Definitely not JL plastic...looks and feels like regular champ. Not too stiff, not too gummy. 175g. The beadless profile fits in the hand very nicely. Can't wait to go throw it!

Man that got me thinking.. A jolly launcher gator or mortar would be legit

9133D61A-8BFF-4537-8D96-28D3140630C2_zpsph2atxzb.jpg

82AECDB8-5F40-4207-9C88-71613AC7AD9C_zpsn7fydnyc.jpg

Just a slight dome. This mold is gonna be awesome for FH approaches. Will get out in the next couple days to test her out.

got my mortar in today and it's not nearly as flat as that yellow one. mine is a red 175, almost more of a pinkish red. it's flat for maybe a half an inch to inch inside the rim and then gets domey, like poppy top domey. the grip is comfortable though, especially forehand. i'll give it some tosses soon and maybe try to flatten it. mine is definitely not jolly launcher plastic. anybody that's fondled one of these yet notice where the patent number engraving was taken off? mine has 3 little patches of boxes where it looks like the patent number engraving was filed down.

Yeah mine has the same boxes where pat# used to be. And is for sale 175 neon green just like the one pictured in this thread. PM if interested...

Any new reviews on this disc? im considering it for my overstable mid slot. Other considerations are the gator and the drone. im leaning towards this disc tho. it seems more workable that both the gator and the drone

It's a great disc. I find it to be maybe just a tick less overstable than a champ beaded gator. It carries a surprising amount of glide for it's over stability and has a predictable skip. I also carry a Frontline-X for the less skippy shots that need to just land and stick but I've found that the Recon has more glide and can be pushed out a little farther, making it a very workable disc. This mold is not the Zone-Killer I was hoping it to be though. I use Zones for powerful FH drives and approaches. The Mortar on the same throw wants to turn over slightly and end straight.

Most of the Recon Mortars I've seen have been fairly domey. Especially the red/pink ones. This disc would be awesome if they were able to run them flat.

Well on a sad note I threw my Mortar in the water today, however, I consider it to be quite different then the Verdict. My Verdict is much longer and not really close stability-wise to the Mortar. Have you thrown a Truth? I would say the Verdict is a tick more stable then the Truth. My Mortar was also soft and domey and the Verdict is much flatter.

Well on a sad note I threw my Mortar in the water today, however, I consider it to be quite different then the Verdict. My Verdict is much longer and not really close stability-wise to the Mortar. Have you thrown a Truth? I would say the Verdict is a tick more stable then the Truth. My Mortar was also soft and domey and the Verdict is much flatter.

Thanks. Sounds like a Verdict is probably more what I am looking for.