• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I am a bastard, but a damn good bastard

Parks

Double Eagle Member
This last weekend I was up in Alaska playing a short 9 hole course with a friend for a change of pace and to tour the courses I haven't played around Anchorage. Holes are about 175 to maybe 275 long, with one very obvious and easy path.

Hole 6, I lose my disc around 30' up in a tree, and my buddy throws his disc hyzer around the woods and lands in tall grass where we couldn't see the landing. I am trying to throw sticks at my disc and my bud is looking for his disc. I see a group of 3 behind us get on the tee, and this is normally where I'll wave a group through since I could be here a while.

However, they just start to throw into us.

I have a sudden buildup of apathy, and I know I should simply educate them that someone should get hurt and they need to make sure we are letting them through. Maybe it was the alcohol, but I just didn't care enough to put forth the effort this time, and I'm still a bit pissed that a disc landed feet from me without a "fore".

Regardless, they play through, we get our discs a few minutes later, and get to the next tee. The three of them are just standing around the basket throwing their discs in, screwing around. No biggie, I've done such things. So we're taking our time, they see us, I raise my disc up to let them know we're about to throw. They still are just standing around the basket throwing discs on top of it now instead of inside.

Normally I would yell fore, or incoming, but once again I just don't care. The hole is a 250' hyzer shot, so I grab a faithful Roc, and just give it a throw in their direction.

My discs heads out with a nice hyzer line going right toward them. My friend starts to giggle with anticipation, since he is easily as much of a jerk as I am. The three are probably all within 2-3 feet of the basket, and see it approach.

Then it just goes in, threading right through them. My second ace ever; all because I was being a dick.

Karma will come back for me, but for now I'll enjoy being a bastard.

ahhh, how very sweet that must have been. Only thing better would be if your friend tagged one of them on his throw.

Hahaha, I can totally picture that happening. You call yourself a bastard, but you're a very mellow one from what I've seen. I think that's probably the best way to say "Clear out, bitches!" Actions speak louder than words...very "Kung Fu". :lol:

Heh, no applause, just slack jawed gawking while I laughed in disbelief.

I saw one guy in the parking lot who asked if it was an ace (I was standing on the teepad, how would it not be an ace?)

He understood though. He commented that they probably shouldn't have been messing around that long, and I assuaged his worries by informing him that I was surgical with that thing and no harm could have been done :D

Parks said:
Heh, no applause, just slack jawed gawking while I laughed in disbelief.

I saw one guy in the parking lot who asked if it was an ace (I was standing on the teepad, how would it not be an ace?)

He understood though. He commented that they probably shouldn't have been messing around that long, and I assuaged his worries by informing him that I was surgical with that thing and no harm could have been done :D

link or patty?