• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] I am one one of the few that...

Im the only person in the AK that is really involved with the DG community that uses a polecat. On the tight short wooded courses we have here its great to have something thats super strait and doesnt fade. Aced with it today :D

I am one of the few whose only understable disc is a mamba, with the rest being stable-overstable.

....at least I think I am :p

I'm one of the few that doesn't carry anything over a speed 9 - Saint and Firebird. Don't use the fast stuff.

I'll take your speed 9 and raise you a speed 6. My sig is exactly what I throw.

right now my bag is not very crazy, maybe the weirdest thing compared to everybody else in my area is a banshee or max. i'm the only person i know of who has hit a tomahawk skip ace.

back a couple of years ago i got some really strange looks for putting with minty green eco darts. they were awesome for putting, but had too much glide for upshots...could never get the right amount of touch with them.

I throw alot of stuff no one else does, kc cheetahs, discraft comets, esp flash, z crush. Doesnt seem to matter too much to me what I use, still shoot about the same because i dont change my putters or mids.

Where do you carry everything else? Water, towel, snacks...etc?

Pockets? I think most people just bring more **** to tourneys to make it look like they know what they're doing, when in reality they could get by with a lot less.

pockets wont hold my foldable chair, beach towel, disc retriever, 5 gallons of water, every snack available in the supermarket, bandaids, bug spray, ear plugs, sun glasses, brand new pack of socks, umbrella, condoms, swiss army knife, tape measure, advil, and anything else that i have the slightest chance of NEEDING to play a round or two of disc golf. im confused as well

It's funny how it seems some discs are so popular here. Then we go out in the real world and we're the only ones who throw them.

i know online forums makes it seem like these new discs are going to be all over the courses and everyone will be using them. when i go to the course barely anyone has heard of latitude 64 or mvp at all, let alone their new disc that just came out.

I am one of the few that shaves his arm-pit hair just because it adds 45 feet to my distance drives.

i know online forums makes it seem like these new discs are going to be all over the courses and everyone will be using them. when i go to the course barely anyone has heard of latitude 64 or mvp at all, let alone their new disc that just came out.

On the flip side of that I threw with an Innova pro about a week ago and he asked me, by name, how I like different MVP discs that I was throwing. He knew the volt, amp, and vector well and was interested in the flights I was getting out of them. It seems like your casual players are oblivious to other brands but serious players and people within the industry keep pretty good tabs on new brands and discs. Although it may be because he doesn't see MVP much since he's sponsored by Innova

I too love putting with an XD. I experimented with Purest, Rhynos, Magics and Summits but the XD feels right and is so predictable, I'm probably switching back.

I too don't currently have anything bagged faster than my speed 9 Escape.

And I too don't really have an opinion either way about MVP.

It took me a little while to think of an original contribution. I would probably score the same playing an entire round at any of my local courses without throwing a mid.

I don't have a lot of distance, or snap, so I throw fairway drivers for most anything over 150'. But I can hit 150'+ with a putter, so they handle most throws under about 175'. My mids are close to my fairways, but I throw them less so I am not as accurate with them. Only time I really use them is finesse under stable or power overstable utility to get out of trouble on my approach. Sadly, Most 18 hole rounds I am on,y throwing a mid about 2-4 throws total.

Last edited:
I am one of two people that I know of that use gummy champion tanks as a primary putter (only 9 were ever made).... But I still have a minty fresh backup!

I'm the only one in my area not a beginner who loves sharks.
I carry three of the old champ sharks and one dx shark.
I love the sharks

I'm the only one in my area not a beginner who loves sharks.
I carry three of the old champ sharks and one dx shark.
I love the sharks

illl throw up mad love for the shark. learned to throw straight lasers with a nice stiff dx shark. one of my first discs ever. still have that disc and a nat beauty star shark. if i would have never found the buzz i would have been all over the shark

I'm starting this thread to discuss and comment on one or a few techniques while golfing that might seem odd or peculiar to others. You know, something out of the ordinary. So I'll start. I am THE ONLY person I know that putts exclusively with XD's. They are the only putters in my bag. I putt with a DX XD, I have a champ x-out for upshots, and an R-Pro XD when I need some turn. Any other XD fans out there? Next?!?

I fished a pre-flight #, beat to hell, DX XD out of a lake last year and have been using it as my regular upshot and outside the circle putter. As far as driving, it's a little too understable to power up but follows a awesome anhyser line if thrown about 80% of power for it's speed.

I just bought a 1998 DX XD new off of ebay and am looking forward to driving with it.

Oh, and I am one of the few that plays all year round in sunny weather with little to no wind so if I played against you on your home course, you'd no doubt slaughter me.