• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] I am one one of the few that...

Darth Anovin

Eagle Member
I'm starting this thread to discuss and comment on one or a few techniques while golfing that might seem odd or peculiar to others. You know, something out of the ordinary. So I'll start. I am THE ONLY person I know that putts exclusively with XD's. They are the only putters in my bag. I putt with a DX XD, I have a champ x-out for upshots, and an R-Pro XD when I need some turn. Any other XD fans out there? Next?!?

You may be the only YOU know, but a lot of players putt with XDs. Before I gave my XD to my bro-in-law, I was just getting used to its one disc round usefulness.

Zephyr and Condor have been in my bag for the past 4 or 5 months. Nebulas ... more people would throw them if they were a production disc. And a decent amount of people do anyway.

I'm one of the very few who still throws a zeppelin. I think it's a great short turnover and floaty upshot disc.

I'm one of two people in my area that throw Z MRV's. Disc should never have been cancelled. Very sad they did that.

I'm one of the few that doesn't carry anything over a speed 9 - Saint and Firebird. Don't use the fast stuff.

I carry 150 class drivers. Until this year, I thought I was the only one in my area that did. I have now run into 2 other guys who use them. Not talking Blizzard or StarLite, but regular runs for me.

I'm one of the few that doesn't carry anything over a speed 9 - Saint and Firebird. Don't use the fast stuff.

I also am one of the few. The last two above speed nine just came out of my bag. Now to replace my pink 172 pro valkyrie i donated for a breast cancer auction and i am set.

i have a feeling a lot of us are going to wind up having similar "i'm the only one" anecdotes. :p

lot of us likeminded individuals here.

speed 9's take care of everything i need as well. even my rival and patriot don't get used as much as they used to after discovering speed 9's and doing a lot of fieldwork. so versatile.

i carry a 162g SOLF, 168 QOLS and a 174 QOLF.

i have ONE putter in the bag, a soft focus, that i use to putt, upshot, and drive with. (however, it is beat to straight, so i'm about to add a soft challenger. which also means i will have to remove another disc to make room for it...)

I am one of the few that predominantly throws FH, can FH over 400' and can FH a river 350!

one of the few that enjoys throwing a z cyclone or pro mrx

I am one of the few that would rather throw a mid full power than a driver at 60% power.

Same here. We are the fastest growing "few" in this thread so far.

I guess I'd also be willing to add that I'm one of the few that would rather try and reach a 330' hole with a putter. When I hit that tree, the disc will be moving slower than a driver or mid and will not pinball as much. And if it gets there, it makes me feel really good.

Blunt Gumputt user for safety lay-ups and spikes
Blunt Gumputts are really common around here. One good player was throwing one and all of a sudden they started turning up in a lot of bags. It's a good utility approach disc.

I know other people use them, but I've never played with anyone else that even carries a Ringer -- and it's my main putter and I bag three of them.

Latest posts